cydia disappears while installing with jailbreakme 3.0 on iPhone 4

cutoffcirc

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
This seems to be a pretty widespread problem right now- not sure if anyone has figured it out.

While jailbreaking my iphone 4 using jailbreakme.com 3.0, cydia appears on the home screen, passes "loading", but then immediately disappears when "installing" begins. Have tried numerous times and have tried clearing safari cache, cookies, etc as others have suggested. Any fix for this?

Thanks.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Did you try rebooting once it disappears? As far as I remember in the process you're supposed to wait until the loading finishes and then reboot and you should see Cydia. The thing I want to ask is why do this on an iPhone? there are so many other methods that have been out for months now so why do it this way? I can understand on the iPad 2 where this is the only method.

cutoffcirc

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
Just had not jailbroken 4.3.3 yet so gave me some motivation since it was a little easier. could easily try another method.

btw, rebooting does not work. cydia is not there afterward.

weird.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
hmmmm really weird, it is pretty new and it's gotta be getting hammered by all the users. I would just give it until tonight or tomorrow and try again once the mad rush is over.

richie1283

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
same problem with ipod touch 4g

Hi,

im gettin the same problem. I had 4.3.1 jailbroken and had some tweaks on my ipod, as well as whatsapp (since its not supported anymore on ipods, i found it useful to have it thanx to the jailbreak)

so i updated to 4.3.3 and went to jailbreakme.com when cydia finishes loading it disappears..

my whatsapp is working, so it means it jailbroke. I rebooted and whatsapp stops working.. i have to go again to jailbreakme and jailbreak. Cydia doesnt appear but whatsapp works again.. so i guess im half jailbroken?

will try tomorrow or in a few days..

jpwillis269

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here

I have been trying to jb my iPhone 4 (4.3.3)all day with no luck, disappearing cydia and I've seen the invalid checksum msg a couple times. For the hell of it I tried to jb my iPad also 4.3.3 and it worked like a charm the first time. All I really want on my iPhone is to FaceTime over 3G, software updates have removed every other reason for me

katiiegm

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I have tried several times with e same results - cydia disappearing wyile installing. I am bummed since i now have lost MYWI which is why i wNted to jailbreK in the first place. I sent an email to the developer as indicAted on the OOPS page. Rebooting did nothing and i havent heard back from the developer. My homescreen is locked. Would that cause this problem? Obviously it is working for a lot of people.

Joe_G#IM

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
My friend had the same problem with is iPhone4. Jailbroken on 4.1, upgraded to 4.3.3 via iTunes, then the disappearing the Cydia trick like everyone else. Resets and turned off and on, same thing.

He jailbroke using Redsn0w and it worked perfectly.

ivango711

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
please try this.. I was having the exact same problems. I restored device, clear cache, history, etc... then retry jailbreakme.com and it worked..

edit_text

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded both my iPad 2 and VW iPhone to 4.3.3 and 4.2.8 respectively. Both had a prior JB. Both I had to backup/restore in order to get the JB to load correctly. Sorry, that seems to be the solution.

e_t

Joe_G#IM

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
I upgraded both my iPad 2 and VW iPhone to 4.3.3 and 4.2.8 respectively. Both had a prior JB. Both I had to backup/restore in order to get the JB to load correctly. Sorry, that seems to be the solution.

e_t

Using Redsn0w is quicker than all that if you have much if anything on your phone. Restoring all the data takes hours. Redsn0w takes 2 minutes.

Joe_G#IM

Aug 19, 2009
Visit site
Comex tweeted he will have an update today...he wonders if the problem has to do with limited disk space available on the phone.

That would make sense as my friend with the problem had less than one gig available.

schizosmurf

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
@ivango i restored from a previous backup

@joe_g that could be it, i had very little free space on mine as well

I ended up starting over with a fresh install and using sn0wbreeze. tried using a backup app to save all my tweaks and stuff but I messed it up/couldn't get it to work. Trying to remember everything I had now, lol.

katiiegm

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Cydia Disappearing

please try this.. I was having the exact same problems. I restored device, clear cache, history, etc... then retry jailbreakme.com and it worked..

I did the full restore and was delighted to see that Jailbreakme worked perfectly (after several frustrating attempts before the restore!) And i was then able to reinstall all of my Cydia apps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2