Jailbreakme.com is up and working. That was the quickest jailbreak ever. Clicked install and cydia appeared and loaded promptly. Wow!
    fordfalcon likes this.
    07-06-2011 02:46 AM
    I read about it when I got up this morning, I can't wait to get home from work today and Jailbreak my iPad 2.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    07-06-2011 08:32 AM
    went to the page and that is it? your kidding me.

downloaded cydya to me phone.
    07-06-2011 10:04 AM
    well I installed it and seem to be working. I tried the unlock with cydya and ultrasn0w but that did not seam to work.
    07-06-2011 10:26 AM
    unlock depends on more than just being JBen, only certain basebands are unlockable. What is your baseband? Settings - General - About - Modem Version.

My question is why use this for anything other than an iPad 2? there are so many other ways to do the JB on the iPhone, iPad 1, iPod Touch. I know it's easy but that doesn't always mean better.
    07-06-2011 10:52 AM
    Thanks for the info got the answer from the other post. Just for info purpose 4.3.3. 4.10 and I understand no unlock available. So I will stick with the SIM option.
    07-06-2011 11:08 AM
    Does this work with Verizon 4.2.8????????
    07-06-2011 12:29 PM
    I had it working installed bitesms and had a crash .
    07-06-2011 12:31 PM
    So you are on Verizon 4.2.8 then? Wanted to try this out but won't if it will crash...
    AJ_Watson likes this.
    07-06-2011 12:32 PM
    my phone is 4.3.3
    07-06-2011 12:34 PM
    I wish I could revert from this jailbrake just as easily, too...
    07-06-2011 01:11 PM
    Does this work with Verizon 4.2.8????????
    Sure does! .. Easiest Jailbreak ever, just go to the web site and click on the install button.
    07-06-2011 01:12 PM
    Had exactly the same! It then went into a reboot loop which I eventually managed to get it out of and restored.
    This may have been because my baseband has been changed when I installed iOS5 Beta 2
    07-06-2011 01:13 PM
    Had exactly the same! It then went into a reboot loop which I eventually managed to get it out of and restored.
    This may have been because my baseband has been changed when I installed iOS5 Beta 2
    I had iOS 5 Beta 1 installed, no issues here .. Not sure about the baseband change with Beta 2 .. Would be interested to see if more people are having this issue.
    07-06-2011 01:21 PM
    I know BiteSMS was a little flaky with 4.3.3 when I JB but it's been fine ever since. I think if you're on a phone just use the other methods or give the jailbreakme a little time. Whenever there is a new tool both the tool and Cydia's servers always gets hammered by all the JBers. So I would give it a day or two to calm down and try it again.
    07-06-2011 01:36 PM
    Camera Connection Kit issue confirmed by Comex
    07-06-2011 01:43 PM
    Well, everyone, save your SHSH blobs! Apple can easily fix this
    07-06-2011 02:19 PM
    I wouldn't have thought the baseband would make a difference, but I also had beta 1 and went back to 4.3.3. Jailbreak was smooth, but after installing BiteSMS, I crashed after an incoming sms - endless reboot cycle to the apple logo resulting in my restoring.

I only j/b for Bite, so if it's not working, there seems no point in the jb, no matter how simple.
    07-06-2011 04:15 PM
    I wouldn't have thought the baseband would make a difference, but I also had beta 1 and went back to 4.3.3. Jailbreak was smooth, but after installing BiteSMS, I crashed after an incoming sms - endless reboot cycle to the apple logo resulting in my restoring.

I only j/b for Bite, so if it's not working, there seems no point in the jb, no matter how simple.
    Unfortunately I think there is going to be more than a few apps in Cydia that aren't yet comparable with this Jailbreak. Hopefully the developers will get updates out for them soon.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    07-06-2011 04:22 PM
    Finally got home from work and Jailbroke my iPad 2 so far after an agonizing day of waiting. This JB was awesome with no problems at all. Now I just have to load the Cydia apps that I'm using on my iPhone 4 to see which ones will work.

Last edited by Irish Rose; 07-06-2011 at 06:37 PM. Reason: typo
    07-06-2011 04:26 PM
    I installed bitesms as my first app and how no problem. Then I did lock info and have had nothing but problems. It was crashing and taking forever to reboot.

I read these posts about bite SMS and removed it and everything seems to be working smooth now
    07-06-2011 05:53 PM
    Does anyone know what this message means?

I had a problem with my iBooks after the Jailbreak on my iPad 2 so I went into Cydia And installed the repo "insanelyi Repository". The error message came up as soon as I hit add. I do not understand why it would be illegal as I wasn't trying to steal paid apps or anything. Anyway, I added it anyway, and Installed iBookFix. Now all of my books in my library are working again. But I am still curious as to why I got this message...

07-06-2011 07:20 PM
    The repository has been know to distributes cracked apps (warez), of which, discussion here is strictly (and rightly) verboten.

The fact that the repository contains cracked apps does not imply that everything there is cracked... but who knows about the safety of apps from such a place. #notjudging #justsaying
    07-06-2011 07:35 PM
    The repository has been know to distributes cracked apps (warez), of which, discussion here is strictly (and rightly) verboten.

The fact that the repository contains cracked apps does not imply that everything there is cracked... but who knows about the safety of apps from such a place. #notjudging #justsaying
    I would never do anything or discuss anything illegal, Hank. Should I uninstall the repo and that app? If I do, is there another fix for my iBook problem? My books worked fine before I used jailbreakme.com and app never crashed that many times either.

07-06-2011 07:54 PM
    I would never do anything or discuss anything illegal, Hank. Should I uninstall the repo and that app? If I do, is there another fix for my iBook problem? My books worked fine before I used jailbreakme.com and app never crashed that many times either.

You're a big girl, Rose... I'd leave it up to you (and I ain't the sheriff). When I was JB'ed, i did install a repo that (I found out as time went on) had cracked software. I only installed it to get an updated version of something that wasn't available anywhere else...

The issue isn't the repo as much as those who load the repo just to get the goodies.
    Eileen89 likes this.
    07-06-2011 08:03 PM
79 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD