Jailbreakme 3.0

P@t

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
i to had the same BiteSMS issues. Removed it and all is well.

I have noticed another strange bug. Whenever a popup for wi fi network came up, phone would freeze. Hard reset and was back to normal. I disabled the wifi popup and it seems to be better.

I can live without BiteSMS. I absolutely love being JB'ed and all the cool stuff that goes with it.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Used jailbreakme 3.0 last week and I'm loving it with my iPhone 4. It works great. Just a few glitches, but nothing more than the phone itself had beforehand. :) I love being JB'ed.

Oh, and I've downloaded the PDF Patcher, as well. :)

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Using iOS 4.3.3 on an iPhone 4 Jailbroken with JailbreakMe, though I just thought I'd remind some people that it is fact that jailbreaking will slow down your iDevice. However, you can keep this from heavily slowing down your iDevice by keeping the extra tweaks and Cydian (Yes, I used an 'n') apps installed to a minimum and only what you need.

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Ohaithar! Sooooo I am debating on how to jb my new CDMA model and I was wondering:
Other than a speedy installation, what are the benefits of doing a unionFS jb versus a program like redsn0w? Are there any? Should I just use redsn0w considering the newness of JBme, bitesms bug, and other possible complications?

FLskydiver

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
After running clean for the first year of my contract, a few days ago I jailbroke my iPhone 4 (my first iOS device - and my first experience with jailbreaking) with jailbreakme 3.0.

I'd considered doing it when comex's last jailbreakme came out shortly after the iPhone 4 was released but since I was so new to iOS at the time I figured I'd give myself a chance to see what I liked and disliked about it after a (VERY!) thorough break-in.

Jailbreakme is sooo easy ... and with iOS 5 to be released this fall anyway, it seemed foolish not to try it out now.

I'm trying apps out one at a time, checking for issues, and outside of an apparent iBooks DRM issue making random chapters of my purchased iBooks dissappear, I'm liking it.

SBSettings, of course. Always the app that made me keep an eye on the jailbreak scene. And not yet seeing it added in some manner to iOS 5, surprisingly, definitely influenced my decision to jb now.

Activator is awesome. I can finally quit worrying about my flaky Home button not responding as well as it should; always sending me to Spotlight all the time when I just wanted the Springboard. Pull down from the top to close apps, pull up from the bottom to reveal the switcher, etc. etc. Gestures are awesome. Love it.

5-Icon Dock, Five Icon Switcher, and Five-Column Springboard. Awesome. Taking full advantage of all those Retina Display pixels (and Icon-Renamer to fix any of my OCD issues due to really long app names overlapping).

SwitcherMod - Very awesome.

SpringFlash - Genius. Why waste your time and the space of an icon using a flashlight app? Two-clicks and you have light. Even from sleep. Awesome.

No Bookmarks - One of my biggest annoyances with iPhone Safari is solved. Great.

AppSlide - Another annoyance solved. Love it.

And yet I still worry about getting to involved in all the possible jb tweaks. So much of my life is accessible on the phone. I've got my business and personal email, banking apps, contact info; with so much personal data, how can I be sure jb'ing doesn't expose me to greater risk of my data being stolen (than I'd have if I were pure)?

I fully understand that even when pure I'm not immune to risk -- the jailbreak exploits themselves prove that. But how does one go about determining how much extra risk is involved in jb'ing? Obviously it would seem wise to avoid installing cracked commercial apps, but who makes sure seemingly benign and functional jb apps (free or pay) don't have malicious intent?

Thanks...

Last edited:

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I jailbroke my friends 3GS and now all his apps crash. Anyone know if there's a fix for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been off and on with jailbreaking in the year I've had my 3GS.

Sometimes something I load causes my phone to seemingly crawl, and I get frustrated and restore. Other times, I have things exactly the way I want them.

So far, this is one of those times.

Jailbreakme 3.0 worked perfectly for me (I'm glad it did, reading some of the stories...)

I had the phone go into Safe Mode once, but I fixed it. Don't have too much installed currently:

Five Icon Dock and Five Icon Folder. The latter not so much for the 5 across on the folders (looks too squished together), but for the fact that it also allows more than 12 apps per folder, allowing me to condense 3 game folders into one :)

SBSettings and Activator (really only because I had to install Activator (I think) to get to the Five Icon Folder settings)

Winterboard, though not necessarily for a full theme, more for a few minor tweaks and 2 new text tones I made.

BiteSMS. I'm glad that I haven't had any of the issues listed above, but I've also disabled most of the BiteSMS enhancements in favor of the built in ones.

Overall I'm happy with everything so far. With my 3GS unlikely to be getting 5.0 (I've heard, nothing concrete yet) then I think I will keep it jailbroken for a while.

mwohrlin

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Grrr. Well, I used jailbreakme.com last week. I had a problem getting it to load so I typed in the full url of the pdf that someone provided in a previous thread and it worked. I found it to be too unstable. Took forever to reboot and respring and also was not too happy that bite was not working. So I did a restore and went back to team pure.

Today, I opened Safari. And you know with Safari, it opens the last page you were browsing? Well, I am pretty sure you can guess what happened. Ughh. Restore again. This time I made sure safari was on another page.

FML.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's jailbreak related or not, but lately at home my phone keeps dropping calls. Signal's never been that great here, but it had never been too bad with the iPhone... I'm gonna keep the jb for a bit and then do a restore if I keep noticing it to see if it will make any difference.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I jailbroke my friends 3GS and now all his apps crash. Anyone know if there's a fix for this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was a Verizon iPhone, that could be the problem. There was a problem after the jailbreakme update with Verizon's iOS.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know for sure if patch for JBM has been made available for Verizon iPhone 4? I've read that original patch cause issues for Verizon iPhones and not to use it, that another patch was in the works. On another thread here, someone posted "comex" tweeted yesterday that JBM for Verizon iPhones was now fixed. When I open Cydia, it does not offer me patch. Am I missing something?

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Is everything working for you? You say you have Cydia, so you're already jailbroken.

If not, you could always restore in iTunes and re-jailbreak using redsn0w. That one works with the ViPhone, as many others have confirmed.

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Is everything working for you? You say you have Cydia, so you're already jailbroken.

If not, you could always restore in iTunes and re-jailbreak using redsn0w. That one works with the ViPhone, as many others have confirmed.

That's exactly what I did last yesterday. Restored with iTunes, then re-jailbroke using redsnOw. Now all is great! No more freezes, reboots or slow functions. Much more stable.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73