Jailbreakme 3.0

LaPerla

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I installed bitesms as my first app and how no problem. Then I did lock info and have had nothing but problems. It was crashing and taking forever to reboot.
i had the endless reboot because of biteSMS and had to remove it. :(:eek:

on the other hand the JB was smooth :rolleyes:

stoddwilson

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
great...should hold down the power button until something happens or what should I do to get into restore mode? It occassionallywill be recognized on itunes, but not for long....

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having a problem with Tapatalk after using this JB?
I keep getting this message when trying to log in on my phone.

"Cannot connect to forum
This forum is either restricting Tapatalk or
the installed Tapatalk plugin is not
working. Please contact your fourm
Administrator
."

And this NEVER happened untill i did the JB again tonight.

One other question, the PDF Patches that im told i need, well i did a search on cydia, and two come up.

PDF Patch (cve-2010-1797)

And
PDF Patcher 2

I installed PDF Patcher 2 as it was the one that directly mentioned Jailbreak me 3.0
Is this indeed the correct one? or do i need both?

Thank you

AJ

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well caught in the loop of death AGAIN! all was well, (except for my tapatalk not working) and then after a few hours BAM apple screen loop of death..

Restoring again and will NOT be using JBme again.. For those who have it working flawlessly, bravo.. It apparently hates me..:mad:

I'll be leaving it up to thems that know WTH they are doing, lol. And that is obviously NOT me ;)

Last edited:

rl2k05

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So, I tried the JBMe.com on my wifes IPhone and it seemed to work. They I installed Bitsms and the phone rebooted everytime she got a txt. Then this morning it went into safe mode. I had to remove bitsms for the JB to work. Anybody have a fix?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the BiteSMS issue, this was just posted by Martin, the bite dev:

Guys, big apologies but am actually away on holidays for a week. Given devs were flat out on iOS 5 seemed like a good time to go!!! Bugger?.have emailed them and we will get a fix out as soon as we can. Most likely mid week.

Seems like he got caught by surprise with the jbme release. For now I guess just wait on installing bite.

boogaloo1

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I Jailbroke my AT&T iPhone yesterday. I installed BiteSMS and it booted in safe mode. I went into BiteSMS and disabled the pop up option. Rebooted and all is good! I never use the popup feature, so this is perfect for me.

I too am getting the Tapatalk message, but it only happens when I go to the TIPB forum, but not others. Not sure what the problem is there.

Good luck!

HuntBarr

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The loop of death happened to me yesterday. After re-jailbreaking, I didn't install BiteSMS and so far I've had no issues. BiteSMS is the cause.

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Does this work with Verizon 4.2.8????????

I have 4.2.8 on my iPhone and it worked just fine. Installed BiteSMS and everything seemed to be okay until I installed SBSettings...then all hell broke loose. It hung and I've had stability issues ever since. Going to restore and try again

Last edited:

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm definately a newbie with Iphones. Bought Verizon Iphone 4 July 1st. Used it for several days with 4.2.8 and all was well. I read alot of the forums those days and the day I decided to jaikbreak it, JailbreakMe 3 arrived. Loaded it, patched it with PD Patcher 2, then bought & installed MyWi, since that was main reason I did jailbreak. After that I installed Winterboard and downloaded 4 themes. After trying 2 of the themes, crazy things started happening. Phone would go black after phone calls for 1 minutes 45 seconds. You could do nothing, not even reset, then it would go to locked screen. Or, it would reboot, then hang. Sometimes it would take 3-4 resets before it would start. Twice it would not recieve or send picture mail, as it would hang while attemping to send. I've uninstalled all the themes to see if this helps. I read that although JailbreakMe is the easiest way to jailbreak, that it isn't necessary the best way. Any thoughts from users who are more experienced doing this? I havent noticed anyone having problems with Winterboard. I have only tried MyWi to make sure it works but have not used it again.

anon(4706943)

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have 4.2.8 on my iPhone and it worked just fine. Installed BiteSMS and everything seemed to be okay until I installed SBSettings...then all hell broke loose. It hung and I've had stability issues ever since. Going to restore and try again

Restored, and all worked well...re-JB and it didn't load properly. I'm done with this JB. It works fine on my iPad2 running 4.3.3 but not worth a #$%& on my VZW iPhone so no mas...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox