Jailbreakme 3.0

andrewu750

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I installed bitesms as my first app and how no problem. Then I did lock info and have had nothing but problems. It was crashing and taking forever to reboot.

I read these posts about bite SMS and removed it and everything seems to be working smooth now

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what this message means?

I had a problem with my iBooks after the Jailbreak on my iPad 2 so I went into Cydia And installed the repo "insanelyi Repository". The error message came up as soon as I hit add. I do not understand why it would be illegal as I wasn't trying to steal paid apps or anything. Anyway, I added it anyway, and Installed iBookFix. Now all of my books in my library are working again. But I am still curious as to why I got this message...

60e33cb8-edb0-a075.jpg

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
The repository has been know to distributes cracked apps (warez), of which, discussion here is strictly (and rightly) verboten.

The fact that the repository contains cracked apps does not imply that everything there is cracked... but who knows about the safety of apps from such a place. #notjudging #justsaying

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
The repository has been know to distributes cracked apps (warez), of which, discussion here is strictly (and rightly) verboten.

The fact that the repository contains cracked apps does not imply that everything there is cracked... but who knows about the safety of apps from such a place. #notjudging #justsaying

I would never do anything or discuss anything illegal, Hank. Should I uninstall the repo and that app? If I do, is there another fix for my iBook problem? My books worked fine before I used jailbreakme.com and app never crashed that many times either.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I would never do anything or discuss anything illegal, Hank. Should I uninstall the repo and that app? If I do, is there another fix for my iBook problem? My books worked fine before I used jailbreakme.com and app never crashed that many times either.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

You're a big girl, Rose... I'd leave it up to you (and I ain't the sheriff). When I was JB'ed, i did install a repo that (I found out as time went on) had cracked software. I only installed it to get an updated version of something that wasn't available anywhere else...

The issue isn't the repo as much as those who load the repo just to get the goodies.

Reactions: Eileen89

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
4.2.8 and i did it and all was well, the added bitesms and now stuck at apple screen and will NOT acknowledge
being hooked to my computer or itunes..

HELP!!

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, wanted to jb just for lockinfo, decided to give biteSMS a try as well... after finally getting Cydia to show LockInfo, it wouldn't install. I got the PDF app thingy to close the security exploit just fine, and I got biteSMS to install fine...

Finally, I got lockinfo to install. Afterwards I received a text and crashed to apple logo. I'm kind of nervous to try it again, but better now that I've seen that it's likely a bite problem. (I'm fine with just good ol stock sms - I just wanted notifications!)

@AJ - here is what I did to be able to restore my iPhone when it was stuck:
iPhone and iPod touch: Unable to update or restore

Reactions: AJ_Watson

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, wanted to jb just for lockinfo, decided to give biteSMS a try as well... after finally getting Cydia to show LockInfo, it wouldn't install. I got the PDF app thingy to close the security exploit just fine, and I got biteSMS to install fine...

Finally, I got lockinfo to install. Afterwards I received a text and crashed to apple logo. I'm kind of nervous to try it again, but better now that I've seen that it's likely a bite problem. (I'm fine with just good ol stock sms - I just wanted notifications!)

@AJ - here is what I did to be able to restore my iPhone when it was stuck:
iPhone and iPod touch: Unable to update or restore

I owe you a frosty cold one, or twelve!! :D
Worked like a charm! But now i'm a little gun shy to try again, i can live without bite, but the notification app was going to be handy..

I may just wait a bit and see how things flesh out.. But thanks again.

P.S. What is the pdf app thingy you speak of? i didn't do that, is that a reason i may have crashed??

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you just want to change your notification sounds for SMS messages there are other apps as well but you can also do it with a theme via Winterboard. If you want the info PM me and I'll tell ya how.

The repo thing yes like Hank said you got the message because they are known to give out cracked apps. Now that you've installed you can always remove the repo it wont remove the fix. The repo is just a source so when you do a search on Cydia it looks through that repo. Once you install the fix or app or whatever it is installed to your phone.

vagabond17

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Jailbreakme Won't Work for ME!!!!

Am I the only one??? It worked for my iPad 2, but on my iPhone 4 all I get is a cydia app that looks likes it's installing only to disappear halfway through the install!!! What do I need to do for this to work?

GottiMafia

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only one??? It worked for my iPad 2, but on my iPhone 4 all I get is a cydia app that looks likes it's installing only to disappear halfway through the install!!! What do I need to do for this to work?

I'm having the same issue. Just quits midway through the install.

Alveezy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
is there any other alternative besides the insanelyi repo or the pushfix repo for the iBooks fix? i'm still trying to get it to work on iOS 4.2.8...

Last edited:

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
it's PDF Patcher 2. It closes the exploit after you JB to fix any vulnerability your device may have. You only install it after the new jailbreakme 3.0.

I think I'm gonna try jailbreaking again, this time without bite.

AJ_Watson

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
it's PDF Patcher 2. It closes the exploit after you JB to fix any vulnerability your device may have. You only install it after the new jailbreakme 3.0.

I think I'm gonna try jailbreaking again, this time without bite.

Well let me know how it works for you this time. And i may try it again as well.

And the PDF patcher is something you download, or is it in cydia?

@Ipheuria if i do the JB again i will for sure drop you a PM and get that info, thanks a million.

Sorry about all the questions.

AJ

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Just as a +1, I also did the j/b yesterday, and after installing Bite, my iPhone reset to the Apple logo. Infinite reset loop to the apple...I finally put it in recovery mode and did a restore. :(

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I jb'd again. Running LockInfo with no problem. Also downloaded the PDF Patcher 2 with no problems.

It just seems to be bite that definitely caused the problem. Cydia installed and ran with no errors this time.

Well let me know how it works for you this time. And i may try it again as well.

And the PDF patcher is something you download, or is it in cydia?

@Ipheuria if i do the JB again i will for sure drop you a PM and get that info, thanks a million.

Sorry about all the questions.

AJ

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner