Sure does! .. Easiest Jailbreak ever, just go to the web site and click on the install button.
    just wanted to verify before i took the plunge...does jailbreakme work on verizon iphone4 4.2.8?
    07-06-2011 09:35 PM
    4.2.8 and i did it and all was well, the added bitesms and now stuck at apple screen and will NOT acknowledge
    being hooked to my computer or itunes..

HELP!!
    07-06-2011 11:27 PM
    there is an issue between Jailbreakme and bitesms
    07-06-2011 11:40 PM
    I had the same problem, wanted to jb just for lockinfo, decided to give biteSMS a try as well... after finally getting Cydia to show LockInfo, it wouldn't install. I got the PDF app thingy to close the security exploit just fine, and I got biteSMS to install fine...

Finally, I got lockinfo to install. Afterwards I received a text and crashed to apple logo. I'm kind of nervous to try it again, but better now that I've seen that it's likely a bite problem. (I'm fine with just good ol stock sms - I just wanted notifications!)

@AJ - here is what I did to be able to restore my iPhone when it was stuck:
    iPhone and iPod touch: Unable to update or restore
    AJ_Watson likes this.
    07-06-2011 11:44 PM
    restored my phone. will wait and see if the issue gets fixed.
    07-07-2011 12:31 AM
    I had the same problem, wanted to jb just for lockinfo, decided to give biteSMS a try as well... after finally getting Cydia to show LockInfo, it wouldn't install. I got the PDF app thingy to close the security exploit just fine, and I got biteSMS to install fine...

Finally, I got lockinfo to install. Afterwards I received a text and crashed to apple logo. I'm kind of nervous to try it again, but better now that I've seen that it's likely a bite problem. (I'm fine with just good ol stock sms - I just wanted notifications!)

@AJ - here is what I did to be able to restore my iPhone when it was stuck:
    iPhone and iPod touch: Unable to update or restore
    I owe you a frosty cold one, or twelve!!
    Worked like a charm! But now i'm a little gun shy to try again, i can live without bite, but the notification app was going to be handy..

I may just wait a bit and see how things flesh out.. But thanks again.

P.S. What is the pdf app thingy you speak of? i didn't do that, is that a reason i may have crashed??
    07-07-2011 12:40 AM
    If you just want to change your notification sounds for SMS messages there are other apps as well but you can also do it with a theme via Winterboard. If you want the info PM me and I'll tell ya how.

The repo thing yes like Hank said you got the message because they are known to give out cracked apps. Now that you've installed you can always remove the repo it wont remove the fix. The repo is just a source so when you do a search on Cydia it looks through that repo. Once you install the fix or app or whatever it is installed to your phone.
    07-07-2011 12:50 AM
    Am I the only one??? It worked for my iPad 2, but on my iPhone 4 all I get is a cydia app that looks likes it's installing only to disappear halfway through the install!!! What do I need to do for this to work?
    07-07-2011 12:57 AM
    Am I the only one??? It worked for my iPad 2, but on my iPhone 4 all I get is a cydia app that looks likes it's installing only to disappear halfway through the install!!! What do I need to do for this to work?
    I'm having the same issue. Just quits midway through the install.
    07-07-2011 01:14 AM
    is there any other alternative besides the insanelyi repo or the pushfix repo for the iBooks fix? i'm still trying to get it to work on iOS 4.2.8...
    Last edited by Alveezy; 07-07-2011 at 01:53 AM.
    07-07-2011 01:48 AM
    it's PDF Patcher 2. It closes the exploit after you JB to fix any vulnerability your device may have. You only install it after the new jailbreakme 3.0.

I think I'm gonna try jailbreaking again, this time without bite.
    07-07-2011 02:32 AM
    it's PDF Patcher 2. It closes the exploit after you JB to fix any vulnerability your device may have. You only install it after the new jailbreakme 3.0.

I think I'm gonna try jailbreaking again, this time without bite.
    Well let me know how it works for you this time. And i may try it again as well.

And the PDF patcher is something you download, or is it in cydia?

@Ipheuria if i do the JB again i will for sure drop you a PM and get that info, thanks a million.

Sorry about all the questions.

AJ
    07-07-2011 09:16 AM
    Just as a +1, I also did the j/b yesterday, and after installing Bite, my iPhone reset to the Apple logo. Infinite reset loop to the apple...I finally put it in recovery mode and did a restore.
    07-07-2011 10:09 AM
    I jailbroke my 3GS last night, it was quicker to jailbreak then it is to install some apps in the app store
    07-07-2011 11:23 AM
    I jb'd again. Running LockInfo with no problem. Also downloaded the PDF Patcher 2 with no problems.

It just seems to be bite that definitely caused the problem. Cydia installed and ran with no errors this time.

Well let me know how it works for you this time. And i may try it again as well.

And the PDF patcher is something you download, or is it in cydia?

@Ipheuria if i do the JB again i will for sure drop you a PM and get that info, thanks a million.

Sorry about all the questions.

AJ
    07-07-2011 02:28 PM
    question guys...is there anyway to have 2 backups - your jb iphone and the last backup of a nonjb iphone?
    07-07-2011 02:53 PM
    yeah guys after long long time comex did it
    Did what? The quick JB or fixed the bitesms issue?
    07-07-2011 04:53 PM
    I installed bitesms as my first app and how no problem. Then I did lock info and have had nothing but problems. It was crashing and taking forever to reboot.
    i had the endless reboot because of biteSMS and had to remove it.

on the other hand the JB was smooth
    07-07-2011 05:04 PM
    does anyone know. Is it bitesms program or just the pop up reply that is causing the issue? can that be disabled?
    07-07-2011 06:46 PM
    same problem....JBME, loaded biteSMS and am in the apple logo death spiral. how do you get itunes to recognize the iPhone 4 for restore?
    07-07-2011 07:36 PM
    Easy fix. Probably best not to install bite SMS if using this jailbreak lol
    07-07-2011 07:44 PM
    great...should hold down the power button until something happens or what should I do to get into restore mode? It occassionallywill be recognized on itunes, but not for long....
    07-07-2011 07:54 PM
    question guys...is there anyway to have 2 backups - your jb iphone and the last backup of a nonjb iphone?
    bump for info...i cant find a definitive answer...

once i jb should i not backup in itunes anymore?
    07-07-2011 08:42 PM
    There really is no difference. iTunes doesn't back up the j/b stuff.
    07-08-2011 12:35 AM
    Is anyone else having a problem with Tapatalk after using this JB?
    I keep getting this message when trying to log in on my phone.

"Cannot connect to forum
    This forum is either restricting Tapatalk or
    the installed Tapatalk plugin is not
    working. Please contact your fourm
    Administrator
    ."

And this NEVER happened untill i did the JB again tonight.

One other question, the PDF Patches that im told i need, well i did a search on cydia, and two come up.

PDF Patch (cve-2010-1797)

And
    PDF Patcher 2

I installed PDF Patcher 2 as it was the one that directly mentioned Jailbreak me 3.0
    Is this indeed the correct one? or do i need both?

Thank you

AJ
    07-08-2011 12:36 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD