Jailbreak and battery life

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
How much are you "playing" with it? Part of the issue with a "new to you" process/device is that you tend to use it more - exploring the options, tweaking the settings, load new apps... that alone can have a detrimental effect on the battery life - because you are using it more.

Certainly there is always the opportunity for rogue apps to drain your battery, but I'd strongly suggest that you get it set up the way you want it, and use is "normally" for a few days and then compare battery life to the non-JB phone. My experience was that it wasn't that much different after I had it set up.

As always, YMMV, depending on what apps you install and how you use them.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As was mentioned above, some JB apps that you use can play a part in draining your battery more quickly. For example, I use an app called LockInfo, and it definitely is causing my battery to drain a little faster than when I wasn't using it. However, this is one of my favorite JB apps and therefore is worth the little bit of battery drain that comes with it, for me.

conan1071

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I have only downloaded my3g, mywi 4.0,and remove bg. Today I only surfed the web and the battery drained 35% in 1 hour

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I have only downloaded my3g, mywi 4.0,and remove bg. Today I only surfed the web and the battery drained 35% in 1 hour

In my experience, using the MyWi app does drain your battery faster because it turns your iPhone into a wireless hotspot. If you used that app continuously for an hour, I can see the battery draining 35% in an hour.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

That's one of the biggest battery-sapping apps around. Setting your phone up as a wifi hotspot will cause huge battery drain. I'd say 35% in an hour is about right...

I question how you can say that "jailbreak is killing your battery". Clearly there's an indirect relationship between jailbreaking and draining your battery... but like I said above, it's about what you do when you are jailbroken. The fact that you are jailbroken isn't draining your battery any faster than non-JB devices... but mywi does drain your battery, and you must be jailbroken to run mywi... so there's the indirect correlation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal