Until I updated a sync with iBooks, my iPad2 and iPhone4, iBooks worked fine on both devices. Then, on my iPhone, I started getting the message my configuration wasn't correct and to sync with iTunes. Did that and all the books literally disappeared from the "bookshelf" on my iPhone.

I've done a search and see this is a common problem syncing iBooks with a JB iPhone. Has anyone figured out a simple workaround, short of un-JB?

06-26-2011 07:14 PM
    If you go into "Safe Mode" the iBooks seem to work. There is a Cydia app called SafeModeLauncher, or SBSettings can get you into Safe mode.

MS
    06-27-2011 10:44 AM
    My iBooks app crashes on me constantly on my jailbroken iPhone. I'm able to view/read PDF's but when I change views to my books collection the app will load to the last page I read on a book then just completely crash on me.

Help!?
    06-28-2011 10:45 AM
    Its the DRM in the iBooks that is causing problems. Going into Safe Mode is a work-around until a proper JB fix is done.

MS
    06-28-2011 11:07 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there an iBooks issue with one of the jailbreaks in the past where it'd crash or fail to load? I believe there was an app form Cydia that had fixed that issue, yet I can't remember what it was called.
    06-28-2011 04:24 PM
    The issue was with the 4.2.1 JB from Greenp0ison... one of their "final" releases broke the iBooks app... but they fixed it in a subsequent release of the GP JB.
    06-28-2011 04:33 PM
    Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there an iBooks issue with one of the jailbreaks in the past where it'd crash or fail to load? I believe there was an app form Cydia that had fixed that issue, yet I can't remember what it was called.
    I believe you may be onto something here
    06-28-2011 06:27 PM
    I sense your sarcasm.........
    06-29-2011 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD