iOS 4.3.3 - jailbreak

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
the iphone could not be restored

First off, to tengence: go here Dev-Team Blog it is about half way down the page:

redsn0w 0.9.6rc18:

OS X
Windows

SECOND: Ok, I tried to restore this morning so I could start the JB process. My first step was to Restore and update firmware. I have tried by Holding down the option button (Macbook pro) and clicking on Restore in iTunes. I browse to the ipsw file that iTunes downloaded and choose it. I get the following error message: "the iphone could not be restored. the device isn't eligible for the requested build."

I also tried choosing the ipsw from the pawnage download and get the same error message??

--------------UPDATE-------------------------

I figured it out. I had to open TinyUmbrella and uncheck "use Cydia to verify"

-----------------------------------------------

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I cant seem to find the redsnow jailbreak tool? I look pretty hard and i keep going around in circles or some damn site wants me to pay them for it. Can someone please leave the link to the tool for me? Thanks

Go to the home page. Click on the jailbreak section. Here's what you want... RedsnOw 0.9.6rc15....IPSW 4.3.3_8J2_restore,ipsw. Make sure you already have 4.3.3 downloaded, before you start.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
You're probably right, I should. But, I just couldn't be bothered with the whole getting a Dev, then registering the UDID, and all that.

navi, if you're going to tweak your device then why not partake in the iOS 5 (beta) juice?

you will get those "better notifications" you are looking for, as well as a lot of other cool features! yeah it comes with a price (some apps not working properly, little bugs here & there) but it's worth it in my opinion

iV1SHAL

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
No problems ronmcse.

Not too sure about the PKGBackup, havent used it myself. i normally just keep a list of all the tweaks i use the manually add them. That way i know exactly what is installed. Try youtube PHGBackup im guessing someone will have a tutorial on it as it quite popular in the scene.

With iTunes, these days its quite safe to update your iTunes, i normally update my iTunes all the time and havent had any issues. However when a major release in firmware comes out best to check the jailbreak scene as to see if an update to a new itunes will affect your jailbreak.

Dont know if this makes sense but let me know if you need further guidance :)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
If you don't feel like manually writing down all of your JB apps, then put them in an e-mail form, and send it to yourself. Then save it.:)

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys, I bought a Apple TV 2. I know there is a forum about that here as well, but I was wonder if any of you have experience with these. I jailbroke it already and installed XBMC. That is all I have done and understand what to do.. I don't understand how to add repo and run them. I downloaded Blue cop repo and used ssh to transfer it over to a directory, then from XBMC i installed from zip. Now what? If yall can point me to a good thread or site to better understand how to add repo and what else I can do with the jailbroken AT2. Thanks so much, - Ron <><

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Now that JailbreakMe 3.0 is up and running, I plan to Jailbreak my iPad 2 even though iOS 5 is coming out soon.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner