iOS 4.3.3 - jailbreak

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I've not jailbroken my iPhone in a while, and thus I'm thinking about doing it again.

But, with the release of iOS 5 in Sep\Oct, I'm beginning to wonder if it's even worth it.

The most I really want from the iPhone is 'better notifications'. Seems that is coming with iOS 5. Alas, one has to wait.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I've not jailbroken my iPhone in a while, and thus I'm thinking about doing it again.

But, with the release of iOS 5 in Sep\Oct, I'm beginning to wonder if it's even worth it.

The most I really want from the iPhone is 'better notifications'. Seems that is coming with iOS 5. Alas, one has to wait.

4.3.3 has been very solid for me... i updated just a couple of weeks ago and JB'd it... i make use of lot of JB apps including notification system and complete my ip and i don't miss my bb at all.

I will probably not jump on ios5 immediately i will wait a bit till all the jb and apps are streamlined.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I finally jailbroke my device after seeing that iOS5 wasn't coming until the fall. As you said, the notification thing was what I was craving most. Bought LockInfo and ToneFxs 2 (each has trial periods), and notifications are much more useful now.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I finally jailbroke my device after seeing that iOS5 wasn't coming until the fall. As you said, the notification thing was what I was craving most. Bought LockInfo and ToneFxs 2 (each has trial periods), and notifications are much more useful now.

I also have Lockinfo & ToneFx, and can't do without them. After ios5 comes out, i believe that both these apps will still be viable.

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
4.3.3 Instructions

Where are the 4.3.3 JB instructions? I saw the 4.3.2 but have not found the 4.3.3 yet.. I am still going to look around, but if someone knows, please send a link. Thanks!

----- Updated Edit----
Nevermind, I found it :) I knew if I kept looking I would.

Last edited:

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Thank you iV1SHAL. That is exactly what I needed. Another Question I have: I purchased PKGBackup to backup my paid JB apps.. I have no idea how to use it... any good tutorials on that?
What I don't understand is: When I press Backup, it tells me don't forget to sync with iTunes.. so I sync with iTunes...

1.) How do I know it has been backed up in iTunes?

2:) Should I update my iTunes to the newest version before I Jailbreak or stay on version 10.2.2?

Last edited:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...when you sync with iTunes, it backups that 'contact' to iTunes. But if you have GMail or Google Apps, you'll notice the backup for PKGBackup, as a contact! It will have some odd name, about 10-15 characters long.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
navi, if you're going to tweak your device then why not partake in the iOS 5 (beta) juice?

you will get those "better notifications" you are looking for, as well as a lot of other cool features! yeah it comes with a price (some apps not working properly, little bugs here & there) but it's worth it in my opinion

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Thank you iV1SHAL. That is exactly what I needed. Another Question I have: I purchased PKGBackup to backup my paid JB apps.. I have no idea how to use it... any good tutorials on that?
What I don't understand is: When I press Backup, it tells me don't forget to sync with iTunes.. so I sync with iTunes...

1.) How do I know it has been backed up in iTunes?

2:) Should I update my iTunes to the newest version before I Jailbreak or stay on version 10.2.2?

Do yourself a BIG favor, write down all your JB apps, and when you next jb, add them in one at a time. It's the best way to do it with no problems. PKBackup never worked for me, from the get-go!

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Do yourself a BIG favor, write down all your JB apps, and when you next jb, add them in one at a time. It's the best way to do it with no problems. PKBackup never worked for me, from the get-go!

Do you not have to pay for them again? That was my concern for wanting to use PKGBackup. The two main ones I don't want to pay again are MyWi and Lockinfo.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you not have to pay for them again? That was my concern for wanting to use PKGBackup. The two main ones I don't want to pay again are MyWi and Lockinfo.

You won't have to pay for them again. When you bought those apps, you received a license. Next time you jb, download those apps through Cydia, and it will say "purchased", somewhere within the app.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
When I Backup and Sync in iTunes, Will that Backup my photos and Videos as well

Yes. Everything that you have on your iPhone, except Cydia and JB apps, will be put back onto your iPhone. Once again, WRITE DOWN all your JB apps, and after you JB, go into Cydia, find what you wrote down, and add them one at a time.:)

Reactions: ronmcse

ronmcse

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Grunt0300! I will take your advice. One last question before I begin. I am currently 4.2.1 Jailbroken. Should I upgrade iTunes to the latest version or stay on 10.2.2 before I begin the uprade/JB? ( Does it even matter?)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Thank you Grunt0300! I will take your advice. One last question before I begin. I am currently 4.2.1 Jailbroken. Should I upgrade iTunes to the latest version or stay on 10.2.2 before I begin the uprade/JB? ( Does it even matter?)

You can upgrade iTunes first, if you want. Do not start the JB, do not plug your iPhone into the computer, until the iTunes upgrade is completed. Good luck.:)

tengence

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
where is it?

I cant seem to find the redsnow jailbreak tool? I look pretty hard and i keep going around in circles or some damn site wants me to pay them for it. Can someone please leave the link to the tool for me? Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro