Original Voice Memos icon

swsmpbaby985

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if this has already been posted here/discussed. I was wondering if there's anyway to get the original Voice Memos icon back by using iFile? And a walkthrough of how to do it? I saw that there was a tweak in Cydia however it uses Winterboard and I really don't want Winterboard just for that tweak. I personally can't stand the blue icon and it's a major eye sore which is why it's in a separate folder on the last page of my home screen.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You can do it but you will need to get into the file system either by using iPhone Explorer or through OpenSSH. If you don't want to use Winterboard you will need to create your alternate graphic for the icon. Then dind out where the icon is in the file system, open SBSettings, go to More, App Folders and choose the app. It will give you the location in the file system where the icon is write it down. Then use your method to get into the file system and backup the folder that contains the icon to your computer. Then you'll need to replace the icon with your own and respring the phone. You will have to ensure your replacing icon is EXACTLY named the same down to the caps of everything. If the official icon is .png and your file is .PNG it will not show up.

futurebridge

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Yea I can't stand it either , can't for the life me understand why they changed it , it was a really cool icon one of the best!! Now its just boring, not exciting at all. Also I often confuse it now with the weather, PS express, mail, and safari, icons , as they all look similar

I also had it paired with a really cool guitar tuner app called cleartune, and they looked awesome together untill they changed it to that blue icon!

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Cake...
475e30d4-9e3e-2e77.jpg

Save that image as icon.png
And ssh into your phone ...
You will probably start a private/var so you need to back all the way to the root folder and find applications (it'll be blue text) then navigate to VoiceMemos.app and copy the image from above into that folder and choose "replace file"... Respring and enjoy.
You could probably even do it
On your phone only using ifile... Save this image on your phone, navigate to your photos folder using ifile, rename this image to icon.png, copy it to your clipboard, navigate to the VoiceMemos.app and then paste this file in there, replacing the old file...

Last edited:

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
For example!!!!
Var/mobil/media/dcim/100apple is the proper folder, find the icon (last one as you just saved it) rename to icon.png (all lowercase) the copy to clipboard.... Remember the rest from
My last post here...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2