"Unable to Restore iPhone - Error(11) - JB Redsnow 4.2.8 ViP - PC

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
"Unable to Restore iPhone - Error(11) - JB Snowbreeze 4.2.8 ViP - PC

Hey guys,

I did post this in the step by step guide but it seems to have gotten lost in the sea of errors others are having.

I restored myself back to iOS when the update came through(which I am regretting as I loved greenpois0n) so I'm looking to JB again using snowbreeze.

I follow the steps to a T, however I get the point where it starts to extract the files in iTunes and then I get this error stating I cannot restore the iPhone, error(11).

Everything I do up to this point is step by step as per instructions given on this website for my phone using a PC. I go into EXPERT mode to build the IPSW, hold the power and home button to put the phone in DFU mode and then hop into iTunes to left shift click the restore button.

Itunes goes to extract the files and when it looks to be about done, an error pops up as I already mentioned.

Any of you JB gurus able to help me out? I'm having jailbreak withdrawals. haha

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're using redsn0w you don't build an ipsw?it jailbreaks a stock version. In other words, if you already restored to a stock iOS all you need to do is run redsn0w and follow the onscreen steps.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
And if you are building an ipsw, are you putting your phone into DFU before restoring?

(And as always: if you've used Tiny Umbrella before but don't care about preserving your baseband, open TU, click Advanced, and UNcheck the "Set Hosts to Cydia" box to prevent iTunes errors.)

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes sorry meant snowbreeze. Following the steps for holding down the power and home button is what puts the phone into DFU mode right? All I know is that I follow those steps, the phone starts up and then is a blackscreen before I open iTunes.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think it's a hosts file issue so like Massie said if you've used Tiny Umbrella he's given you the way to undo the changes. If you manually edited the hosts file search for my username and threads I've created look for "What to do when you can't upgrade using iTunes..."

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it's a hosts file issue so like Massie said if you've used Tiny Umbrella he's given you the way to undo the changes. If you manually edited the hosts file search for my username and threads I've created look for "What to do when you can't upgrade using iTunes..."

I will try this tonight.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner