Think I've bricked a 3G Iphone... Redsnow and FW issues...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Are you comfortable SSHing into your phone? If so you might try this, which I've seen some people have success with: Using SSH (or Cyberduck, iPhonebrowser, etc) navigate to this folder:

Var/Lib/dpkg/updates

and delete all the updates it contains. Reboot and try Cydia again.

wmgk

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

There is nothing in the upgrades file....

I'm quite happy with using SSH....

I cannot load Cydia, it simply says 404 on the connections...

Oh god!.....

wmgk

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Ah ha excellent, :)

Now I managed to load it and its all ok.... however I do a search for ultrasnow... and nothing... :(

FFS....

wmgk

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

I've managed to find ultrasn0w.com as the source :)

I've entered it, all seemed ok, found ultrasnow and install.. got this message

Cannot be installed:

Depends: mobilesubstrate >=0.9.3209-1

Urm, so the little knowledge of programs etc, means my iphone doesnt have the correct dependancies... How can I add this lol...

Wow, this is a proper hack, now in my third day of doing this...

wmgk

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
OMG.......

Ok, to do this, I need to install SSH.... but I cannot find out the source to install the sodding thing... Ugh!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
So close...this must be frustrating.

Can you post a screenshot of what you have in your Cydia>Manage>Sources page? It sounds like you might just need to update your cydia essentials--did you get any messages about Essentials or Complete Upgrade?

SSH should be in Telesphoreo Tangelo, which is a basic repo from Saurik. Or can you simply go to mobile substrate in Manage>Packages and update it there? (That sounds too easy, but worth mentioning. Or is it not installed at all??)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When you used Sn0wbreeze you put it in Expert mode? When you got to the custom bundles did you choose any? It sounds like Cydia isn't installed properly which is weird. If you choose custom bundles I would suggest recreating the ipsw and just leaving the default settings except for like I said choosing Activate this phone, increase the memory for root to 1024 MB(this is even optional). Everything else just accept the default settings. If that is what you did then that is really weird.

SSH it's a stupid question but you are searching for OpenSSH right?

Last edited:

wmgk

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

It looks like cydia no longer supports 3.1.3, however with a bit of messing around, I managed to get it up running and working lol...

Thanks for all your help, I would have been completely lost without you!

- Next Question, can you unlock an iphone4?

wmgk

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I've got some trouble again lol...

My mate needs me to do his phone, currently on O2(UK) its a 3G 8GB so the same as my other one...

Totally as standard, with 4.2.1 and Baseband 05.15.04

Firstly how do I upgrade the Baseband? I cannot seem to unlock the handset using snowbreeze because its not compatible - once I do that I can get the new ipsw file installed etc etc...

Cheers
Drew

wmgk

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha, oh god! ok, I was trying to use redsnow 0.9.6b5 but it kept crashing on rebooting the handset... On the 8th attempt, just as I sent this message, its actually rebooted the handset and seems fine lol...

What a mess haha...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh