iOS5 Jailbreak Tweaks

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
With a jailbreak now available for the iOS5 beta you knew it wouldn't be long before some jailbreak tweaks started to appear. One of the first big discoveries was that the new Notification Center allows for custom widgets, opening the door to a more customized notification pane.

Now, the first third party Notification Center widget--an SBSettings style of system toggles housed in the drop down pane--is available in Cydia. If anyone has taken the jailbreak plunge on iOS5, let us know how things are working out!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure it doesn't. Honestly I think it would be pretty crazy to jb the beta unless you're developing a jailbreak app...basically nothing works right now; it's mostly been released just to give access.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
ive jb'd my 3Gs on ios 5 & only thing ive been able to do is change my root passwords. I'm gonna go check out the custom widgets OP mentioned. If u guys find any other stuff from Cydia tgat works on ios 5, let me know & i'll do the same k! ;)

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure it doesn't. Honestly I think it would be pretty crazy to jb the beta unless you're developing a jailbreak app...basically nothing works right now; it's mostly been released just to give access.

Whatcha mean "crazy" lol, SBSettings works. That right there is good enuf reason for me, i'm not devoloping but i can help test stuff & offer suggestions/emails to the brainchildren jailbreak gods! Ive got an old 3GS to mess around with, besides what could go wrong? Just restore it, or downgrade it. JMO, also that UISettings tweak was released by a 14 yr old italian kid! Manga, manga! O' Mama-Mia! Lol, ;)

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
DOH! SBSettings works but whenever i double tap my home button to open the taskswitcher, it resprings into safe-mode, lol!

& i installed UISettings very cool, I like anything that adds function & colors. Anyone else install UISettings?

Also, I must have missed it in all the iOS 5 talks but my 3GS now has 890 MB's of free ram, I guess they boosted system memory capacity to 1 GB in iOS 5? Should help out a lot.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2