Unlock iPhone 4 Version 4.3.3 Modem Firmware 04.10.01

oswls

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know when it will be possible to unlock the iPhone 4 on Version 4.3.3 and Modem Firmware 04.10.01? And do you think it will be available within the next month? Just switched from T-Mobile Blackberry, and caved in to AT&T iPhone 4. :)

Going to Europe for a couple weeks, and would like to use it there.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
No one will know for sure, it definitely will not be within a month and may never be. The only unlock for the iPhone 4 has been since iOS 4.0 I think in any case that is many, many firmware versions ago and the baseband has still not been unlocked. So your choices are to either sell your phone and buy one on ebay that is already unlocked, buy one in Europe that will be hardware unlocked. You could also just buy either an unlocked 3G(dirt cheap) or 3Gs(still cheap) and keep it as your unlocked phone. You could buy a hardware unlocked phone from Canadian sellers and again sell your current iPhone 4.

oswls

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I wish I didn't act so fast and buy it from AT&T if I knew I could have bought it overseas factory unlocked, otherwise I would have :(

About the gevey sim, I was reading that users have reported their phone getting hot, and I don't want to risk damaging my phone.

The thing that is confusing me is, the country where I'm going to uses T-Mobile, and sells the iPhone 4 and has 3G service. Wouldn't it seem right if I could just put in their sim card without my phone being unlocked? Since they sell the iPhone there? Hmm..

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
no it wont work your phone is locked to one carriers network. In Canada Fido is owned by Rogers(Carriers). However if you have a Fido phone it will not work on a Rogers SIM even though it's the same essential company.

amaus

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I want to use my ATT iPhone 4 for 3 months in Australia and then return to the US and continue my ATT contract in the US. I used PwnageTool but the phone will not recognize the Australian network SIM. Have there been any recent developments that will help me? Will using redsn0w enable me to use the phone on Australian GSM networks?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you used Pwnage Tool then you need to put it in Expert mode and make sure you check the Activate the phone option. Your phone will recognize the SIM but in order to use it on the network it would need to be unlocked and if you're on an iPhone 4 chances are you wont be able to so your option is to use the Gevey SIM. Go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and go to Tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak and see if you have an unlockable baseband. You can find the version by going to Settings, General, About and Modem version.

Reactions: amaus

amaus

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your advice! When I used Pwnage Tool, it was in expert mode and I checked the activate phone option. I have iOS 4.3.3 and modem firmware 04.10.01. I don't want to mess with a hardware unlock like the Gevey SIM. I couldn't find anything on iClarified that indicated a software unlock for my phone was available, is that correct? My only option for now would be a hardware unlock?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
yep that is exactly right :(

Correct me if I'm wrong but couldnt they just upgrade the baseband to 6.15.00 then unlock it ? I know it voids everything and can't not be undone and you always will have to use snow breeze custom ipsw to ever do a restore but if they decided to go that route there phone would be unlocked.

Personally I like the buy a 3G dirt cheap method but just wondering :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but couldnt they just upgrade the baseband to 6.15.00 then unlock it ? I know it voids everything and can't not be undone and you always will have to use snow breeze custom ipsw to ever do a restore but if they decided to go that route there phone would be unlocked.

Personally I like the buy a 3G dirt cheap method but just wondering :)

Yep you're right but I never advise that on an iPhone 4 since it's so new and still has warranty. You would be better off in my opinion selling it online and buying either a factory unlocked one or a 3Gs. On the 3G goingmto the iPad BB is a no brainer it's cheap and there's no warranty left. On a 3Gs it's a 50/50 toss up only depending if they still have warranty. On the 4 there is so much life left in the model I would never do it myself or recommend it.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yep you're right but I never advise that on an iPhone 4 since it's so new and still has warranty. You would be better off in my opinion selling it online and buying either a factory unlocked one or a 3Gs. On the 3G goingmto the iPad BB is a no brainer it's cheap and there's no warranty left. On a 3Gs it's a 50/50 toss up only depending if they still have warranty. On the 4 there is so much life left in the model I would never do it myself or recommend it.

I agree but just throwing it out there do you think iOS 5 will come with a higher version baseband ? Or if your on 6.15 you would have to use snowbreeze to go to ios5 without updating baseband obviously when it's available because on the JB etc.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well iOS is on 4 so even if iOS 5 upped the BB it still wouldn't be over 6.15 and yes you would have to use Sn0wbreeze or Pwnage Tool to go to iOS 5.