How to unjailbreak/restore with out update

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok so a friend of mine wants to unjailbreak his phone cause he wants to be able to update to IOS5. I tried to jailbreak my phone earlier, but I think the problem with what I did was that I restored and updated. Thus after everything was done, it came up with a screen that said plug into iTunes and once I did iTunes told me it couldn't read my SIM card for some reason which is wrong because I have a legit SIM from AT&t. So I had to go to the apple store and thankfully they just straight up gave me a new iphone 4 which was just awesome. So can anyone help us unjailbreak his phone that is running 4.2.1, without updating to 4.3.3. He just wants his phone back to normal! Please help!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
he can only restore back to 4.2.1 if he has blobs saved. use TU

also, why not just go to 4.3.3? it's not that bad..

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Its fine if it updates but what im scared of doing is updating and restoring at the same time while its jailbroken will mess up his phone cause thats what happened to mine! So what im wondering is there any way to restore then after its restored and not jailbroken, then update it to 4.3.3

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
As said above, he could do it only with saved SHSH for 4.2.1. But you shouldn't have any trouble restoring to the 4.3.3 FW. That's exactly what I did after being jailbroken on 4.1. Just download the 4.3.3 ipsw, do a Shift+Restore in iTunes and let it do its thing.

The only time it would mess up is if you're using the wrong firmware or have used Tiny Umbrella in the past to direct your computer to verify updates with Cydia instead of Apple, both of which are easy to check and correct.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
ipsw is the firmware software or iOS software. Instead of saying 4.3.3 software you would say 4.3.3 ipsw it's the file iTunes downloads and extracts. These guys are right I've been JBing for 4 years now and I'v gone back to stock a few times on my iPhones and iPad. It has always been a simple procedure just hook in to iTunes and hit restore or in your friends case since he's on 4.2.1 just hit upgrade which will remove the JB and will not reload the phone. However like Massie said if you've used Tiny Umbrella your hosts file is edited and will cause problems with the process so search on here for my username and threads I'v created look for the one "What if you can't upgrade through iTunes..." read through the first page and make sure the hosts file is good to go.

You can also instead of connecting to iTunes and hitting upgrade just reload the OS manually. Go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials go to Tutorials, iPhone, Basics and Where can I get iPhone Firmware. Then download 4.3.3 and you'll need to know how to put the phone into DFU mode and then once it's in DFU mode open iTunes and hold down the Shift(Windows) or Options(Mac) key and hit restore. Then browse to the firmware(ipsw) you downloaded and let iTunes restore the phone. This way is more complicated though I'd say just connect and hit upgrade.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR