Facetime after JB does it work?

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
SOLVED: Facetime after JB does it work?

Ever since i got my ip4 i jb'd it and facetime didn't work i never bothered to update it and i tried everything that google could find.

Recently i up'd to 4.3.3 and jbd and got everything going and facetime still doesn't work.

I use skype to simulate facetime but would like to know if any of you out there with jb'd devices have facetime working?

Also any pointers on how to get it going? From settings when i enable it, it stays on says waiting for activation and then goes back to Off.

Perhaps something needs to be added by provider? their tech said to exchange the phone.

FIXED:

So after spending countless hours and trying various "tips and tricks" i found the problem.

*** DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE ***

I have facetime working... for those who have JB'd phone and facetime is not working i can't tell which app but probably one of the apps from cydia edited a file.

Under /system/library/launchdaemons/
in the file com.apple.imagent.plist

There is a Key/String

<key>DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES</key>
<string>/Library/MobileSubstrate/MobileSubstrate.dylib</string>

delete this and save the file... restart the phone and bam... facetime icon set to on and it was enabled.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Now going to try facetime for the first time.

Last edited:

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
jailbroken here with no issues using Facetime.

interesting... i think there is probably something i installed that did'nt get removed completely and is now part of my backups...

Any way to see in the FS where an app would have patched or "touched" facetime packages or config files?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm gonna ask a stupid question but did you turn your FaceTime on in settings? It wasn't on by default on my phone. Also try both calling someone and having someone call you. My phone will not receive FaceTime calls but it works if I send the call. Also are you trying to call at work or home? My phone doesn't work at work for FaceTime and neither does my MBP so I figured that the firewall was the issue because it worka fine at home. I also don't have a dataplan on my phone so for some reason even though it goes over Wifi this affects it. There are other friends who have data plans and their FaceTime works perfectly. It's not my phone since this is my second one with the EXACT same issues.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
in settings is where the problem is ... face time when i turn on... it says waiting for activation and then it goes off on its own.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
in settings is where the problem is ... face time when i turn on... it says waiting for activation and then it goes off on its own.

Are you logged in to the App Store with your Apple ID? Then I would say go to an official firmware and see if you still have the problem. If you do take it in to an Apple Store. My iPhone 4 has been JBen for many firmwares and it always works.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Are you logged in to the App Store with your Apple ID? Then I would say go to an official firmware and see if you still have the problem. If you do take it in to an Apple Store. My iPhone 4 has been JBen for many firmwares and it always works.

yup i use the apple id in the app store and its connected/logged in.

I guess i will wait for the next firmware update as there are a ton of apps in cydia i would have to install if i restores and started over again.

joescro

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I had this same exact problem. I would enable FaceTime in my Settings, close out, IMMEDIATELY reopen Settings and for some reason the slider bar was on 'Disable'. Reboot, respring, nothing fixed it. I finally got it working by calling apple (or AT&T? I can't remember) and explaining the problem and they were able to walk me through a fix.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
So after spending countless hours and trying various "tips and tricks" i found the problem.

*** DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE ***

I have facetime working... for those who have JB'd phone and facetime is not working i can't tell which app but probably one of the apps from cydia edited a file.

Under /system/library/launchdaemons/
in the file com.apple.imagent.plist

There is a Key/String

<key>DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES</key>
<string>/Library/MobileSubstrate/MobileSubstrate.dylib</string>

delete this and save the file... restart the phone and bam... facetime icon set to on and it was enabled.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Now going to try facetime for the first time. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro