Please Help, Somethings Not Right

ErikWithNoC

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok so last week I was up late, I think around 2 am. My phone starts vibrating so I unlock the screen and I see someone is calling (typically you answer from the lock screen, but I have Move to Unlock installed so it might be different because of it). This is when it gets weird. Someone's name is displayed "Sophia" and she has a picture next to it, a very creepy picture (portrait photo from a computer web cam it looks like). There was no option for me to "decline" the phone call because the button was blank. I decided it would eventually stop ringing so I put my phone aside. I was wrong. The phone kept vibrating for 5 or so more minutes straight without stopping. I "resprung" (if your unfamiliar with jailbreaking, respringing is like a quick restart) my phone to get it to stop and decided to do some more investigating. First I made sure she wasn't in my contacts (she wasn't), then I checked my call history and her call wasn't there. Then I realized my phone wasn't on silent or vibrate! So at this point I was flipping out. How was her photo there? Why was my phone vibrating instead of ringing? Why couldn't I decline? etc.

The next morning (Sunday around 8) she called again. This time I could decline, but my phone still vibrated. One again she didn't show up in my call history.

After that Sunday it seemed the calls stopped, but just now (Friday, starting around 8) she called again. My phone rang this time, but with a different ringtone then the one I had set. I declined the call, checked my history and she wasn't there, again. After about a 30-60 minutes she called again and i declined.

I need your guy's advice. So many things don't make sense about this call. Is there some type of app/software to do what she is doing? Should I answer the call? I don't know what number she is using so I can't block it and I have absolutely no clue who she is.

I have also included a screenshot I took, just in case you wanted to see what I am talking about. Thank you for any advice!

Last edited:

Sketso

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Not helpful, I know, but... Mysteeeeeeeeeeeeriousssss!

Curiosity question: Have you ever used a Google Voice number? I've had some odd occurrences utilizing one of those, as the number I was assigned had belonged to someone else in the past, but never have seen a photo/name assigned to a number that wasn't in my contacts.

ErikWithNoC

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Not helpful, I know, but... Mysteeeeeeeeeeeeriousssss!

Curiosity question: Have you ever used a Google Voice number? I've had some odd occurrences utilizing one of those, as the number I was assigned had belonged to someone else in the past, but never have seen a photo/name assigned to a number that wasn't in my contacts.

Nope, never used Google Voice before.

Sketso

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Did you buy the game The Heist? I was reading the feedback on the game and the last comment on page 517 mentions mysterious calls from "Sophia." Read and see if it fits.

BINGO! Just found that on Google as well... WINNER! That would allow for the contact info showing up even though it's a person not in your phone list.

Last edited:

ErikWithNoC

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Check out this link... there's your screenshot of sophie's call:

<snip URL because I don't have 10 posts yet>

Thank you so much! That makes so much sense because the call would only come in after I had played the game and since it ran in the background when I closed it, it really seemed like a phone call. I'll make sure to answer it the next time I play hehehe.

RC28

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much! That makes so much sense because the call would only come in after I had played the game and since it ran in the background when I closed it, it really seemed like a phone call. I'll make sure to answer it the next time I play hehehe.

Glad it helped. Just shows what wonderful information you can get reading app feedback.:)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW