Cydia won't work?

E_man#CB

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem for a while on my iPad, I thought it might just be a cydia issue, but it's not coming back. Whenever I load cydia, I get this picture, and then everything is blank. No packages at all. Same with sources. How do I fix this? I would hope deleting the repo would work, but I can't even see it. I'm relatively new to iOS jailbreaking, most of my experience is with android.

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried re-installing cydia? Not sure if you can even make it that far, but if not, I had a re-occurring problem with loading Cydia in the early days of the 3Gs and the only way I was able to get rid of it was to redo the jailbreak and re-install cydia. Only problem there is the time and the potential for accidental baseband upgrade depending on whether or not you are unlocked.

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You should be fine to. That would be the best advice I can give you due to my limited knowledge. I would do a bit more searching before proceeding in case there is a more simple fix. Good luck.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed I'm having the same problem with cydia. Anyone have a fix other than trying to rejailbreak?

If you can get to the Cydia homepage, go to manage/sources and delete the source that's giving the error. Then add it back and see if it works. If you can't get there in the first place, try SSHing into your phone and go to /var/lib/apt/lists and delete the file with the offending repo.

Reactions: haxrnick

meinvein

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
If you can get to the Cydia homepage, go to manage/sources and delete the source that's giving the error. Then add it back and see if it works. If you can't get there in the first place, try SSHing into your phone and go to /var/lib/apt/lists and delete the file with the offending repo.

This worked for me as well...it looks like it's the sinfuliphone repo that's causing the problem in the OP's picture.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I kind of chose to leave the piracy thing aside this time...it might be part of the issue, but in fairness it could happen with any repo.

(But since we're on the subject: Buying your apps means fewer headaches. Just do it.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox