I have tried for DAYS to jailbreak my phone. I have tried on a Mac. I have tried on Windows. I have followed directions CAREFULLY - step by step.... These look like the easiest directions of all. NOW I can't copy into the Firmware Bundles folder. i can't unlock anything. I looked at permissions. It looks like I have read/write permission... but it has the pencil with the line through it at the bottom. I am sooooo tired of every step being a problem! Should I just give up and be happy to have a phone? Errrrrrrrr!
    06-22-2011 01:08 PM
    You know what they say..."if at first you don't succeed....". Sounds like you are getting tired of trying again and again. Sorry for the frustration. I truly do know what it feels like.

The best advice I can offer is to erase all the JB files, reboot your Mac and clear out the host files (as shown in the link at the bottom of the walkthrough), and re-download everything so you are starting with a clean slate and give it another go.

I can't count the times when I have been met with failure over and over because I the the wrong box checked. If you are still unable to get it to go after all that, post back with more specifics and at what point in the process it failed so those who can possibly help have a little more to go on.

Good luck. Make sure you post back with results.
    06-22-2011 03:37 PM
    I am having the same problem as librarygirl... I am unable to drag and drop the bundle into the Firmware Bundles folder. I don't have a drag and drop problem with any other folder or any other files. Could this be something with the Pwnage tool? I had my phone jailbreaked before, then made the mistake of uprgading to 4.2.8... by the way it's a Verizon Iphone 4-- please help, I want to be free again!
    06-23-2011 09:46 PM
    I deleted everything... rebooted .... downloaded again.... Same problem. I get the white circle with the line though it... no copy symbol when I try to copy into Firmware Bundles. Everything is beautiful until that point. It's like it's like a lack of permission or something. What is up with that?
    06-24-2011 05:43 PM
    I am having the same problem as librarygirl... I am unable to drag and drop the bundle into the Firmware Bundles folder. I don't have a drag and drop problem with any other folder or any other files. Could this be something with the Pwnage tool? I had my phone jailbreaked before, then made the mistake of uprgading to 4.2.8... by the way it's a Verizon Iphone 4-- please help, I want to be free again!
    That is so strange. Other than the permissions settings on the computer I'm not sure why this would happen. Are you logged in as the administrator on your computer? I just checked and all the links are still good and everything worked fine on my end. Hopefully someone with a deeper knowledge than I can answer this one.
    06-24-2011 05:44 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD