Can't boot past "Greenpois0n initialized"

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3Gs that I was given. It had 3.1.3 with a 05.12.01 baseband. I then tried to update it to 4.3.3 with a custom pwnage tool made ipsw (no baseband upgrade). Now I'm stuck on
"Unable to find gBdevList
Unable to find fs_mount
Unable to find fs_unmount
Unable to find fs_load_file
Greenpois0n initialized"
TinyUmbrella sees it as "? 0" and Device Model as "Invalid". Does anyone know how I might fix this?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You said you used Pwnage Tool why is it referencing Greenpois0n? Pwnage Tool reloads through iTunes so where are you seeing these messages? on the phone?Where did you download Pwnage Tool? the firmware? I would just go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials look in Tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak and follow the link in the tutorial to get Pwnage Tool and the firmware. Then follow the steps to build the ipsw and reload the firmware on the phone. There is no need to use TinyUmbrella or any other peice of software, it just complicates a simple process.

Backup and sync phone
Build ipsw with Pwnage Tool
Follow the steps to put iPhone in DFU mode
Open iTunes, it detects a device in recovery
Hold down Option key click restore
Browse to ipsw built with Pwnage Tool
Sit back an let iTunes reload the phone
restore from latest backup
DONE

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I did use PwnageTool, to do the custom ipsw at first. That is what is throwing me off completely, since I didn't even go near Greenpois0n. I've been trying to get iTunes to re-flash the phone, but it won't, I get either a 1601 or nothing. It shows up twice in iTunes too, and TinyUmbrella can't kick it out of recovery either.

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Restore to factory settings. Press the home and power button at the same time until the iPhone screen turns black, once it does release the power button and you will see the connect to iTunes logo. Connect it to iTunes and click restoreand let the iPhone restore and then jailbreak again. Did this help?

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I now can't get anything on the screen, at all. I can get iTunes to see it as an iPhone in recovery, but that's it. If I try to restore it, I get a 1600 error.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It may be that tiny umbrella is pointing the hosts file to Cydia. You should turn that option off in tiny umbrella, then try to option+restore.

Windey

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Exactly the same thing happened to me.

Updating from 4.0.2 to 4.3.3 using Sn0wbreeze. All going well until re-boot and iTunes froze up! Didn't think anything of it until the phone wouldn't boot and iTunes wouldn't restore (pwnd or Apple). Saw the "Greenpois0n initialiazed" and searched on here.

Did the above and it now works. Just got to JB and unlock the thing again now!