Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere and I was unable to find it.

My phone is currently stuck at the "Restarting Springboard" screen and does not go past it.

Here is the background: I went to Cydia, it showed that I had "essential upgrades." I clicked on "complete upgrade." It was an update for "insanelyi repo prep."

After the update was downloaded, I clicked on "respring" from SBSettings and it's been stuck ever since.

I connected to iTunes and it went through the backup process, but no luck rebooting to the home screen.

I hate to do it, but do I have no other option than to restore my phone to non-jailbroken status? Please say it isn't so.
    06-01-2011 12:46 AM
    If you're going to restore, why not restore to a custom firmware so you stay jailbroken? Just some food for thought. Good luck.
    tourstagefan likes this.
    06-01-2011 01:13 AM
    If you're going to restore, why not restore to a custom firmware so you stay jailbroken? Just some food for thought. Good luck.
    I'm really hoping someone has an easy fix so I can avoid having to restore to the stock iOS......

I am unfamiliar with custom firmware, will review your 4.2.8 JB walk-through.

Thanks!
    06-01-2011 01:51 AM
    Did you hold both buttons until it shut off? If not do that then turn back on.

Did you save shsh on cydia? If so, verufy with tinyumbrella, then just reinstall the same firmware and re-jb

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere and I was unable to find it.

My phone is currently stuck at the "Restarting Springboard" screen and does not go past it.

Here is the background: I went to Cydia, it showed that I had "essential upgrades." I clicked on "complete upgrade." It was an update for "insanelyi repo prep."

After the update was downloaded, I clicked on "respring" from SBSettings and it's been stuck ever since.

I connected to iTunes and it went through the backup process, but no luck rebooting to the home screen.

I hate to do it, but do I have no other option than to restore my phone to non-jailbroken status? Please say it isn't so.
    tourstagefan likes this.
    06-01-2011 05:55 AM
    Did you hold both buttons until it shut off? If not do that then turn back on.

Did you save shsh on cydia? If so, verufy with tinyumbrella, then just reinstall the same firmware and re-jb
    Holding both buttons down did the trick, thank you so much! I've been lucky and have never had a crash of any sort since Day One of my JB (4.2.1 using GreenPoison). Your tip saved me from having to re-JB, etc.

I did actually save my SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella, it was so long ago that I forgot I had done this!

This tight-knit, TiPb community is the best!
    06-01-2011 11:41 AM
    glad you got it running again, I was going to ask if you tried rebooting.
    06-01-2011 03:49 PM
    cool, its a useful easy trick

Holding both buttons down did the trick, thank you so much! I've been lucky and have never had a crash of any sort since Day One of my JB (4.2.1 using GreenPoison). Your tip saved me from having to re-JB, etc.

I did actually save my SHSH blobs using TinyUmbrella, it was so long ago that I forgot I had done this!

This tight-knit, TiPb community is the best!
    06-01-2011 04:21 PM
    Oh my god, thank you soo much! The same thing happened to me and i was scared.. i just held down both buttons and it worked Thanks again!
    05-29-2012 09:38 PM
    Hey the same thing happened to me but, my home button does not work so i can not do it that easily. i have been using assistive touch instead. is there any other way to fix this problem?
    06-05-2012 11:23 AM
    I have same problem with my home button, so i cant do a hard reboot. all i did to fix the problem was i backed up on itunes, then restored from that backup. I knew that it would restart my phone after restoring and i didn't lose my jailbreak or my apps.
    09-30-2012 08:43 AM
    I have same problem with my home button, so i cant do a hard reboot. all i did to fix the problem was i backed up on itunes, then restored from that backup. I knew that it would restart my phone after restoring and i didn't lose my jailbreak or my apps.
    Um... When exactly did you do this?
    09-30-2012 06:06 PM
    My iPhone stuck when i remove an application in Cydia .. and they say "Restart Springboard" So i touch it .. and the desktop just like a circle whit the black background .. n can i Turn Off it in iTunes ??
    07-09-2013 04:57 AM
    Hold the power and home button at the same time for 10sec+ (hold power button only now) and them it will normally reboot
    07-28-2013 04:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD