Audible SMS speaker alert when headphones plugged in?

mortisult

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of a hack or an SMS program like iRealSMS or BiteSMS that will allow an audible alert from the speaker of the phone when the headphones are plugged in? It would work the same way as a phone call coming in with the headphones plugged in, but for SMS messages. Thanks!

mortisult

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes. I'm almost always using the headphones to either talk or listen to something so when i take them out and put the phone down on the desk or whatever I don't usually unplug the headphones so therefore I don't hear when I get txt messages like I hear the phone ring for actual calls.

Jemjee

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see this too, but for a different reason. When I have my bluetooth earpiece in and get a new text or mail, the new mail/text tone is so brief that the earpiece doesn't pick it up. It's like the bluetooth has to "wake up" and by the time it does the tone is done. Sometimes I catch the very end of it. If I could route notifications through the speaker and not the bluetooth that would be awesome.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I've had that happen a couple of times over time and I just don't think you will find that. The program would have to basically fool the phone sensor into thinking the headphones were plugged out when they were infact plugged in and then the speaker would play the alert. Interesting idea though sure we're not the only ones wanting it.