It looks amazing. You guys need to check it out. Might replace biteSMS on my iP4.

peterhajas(dot)com - blog - MobileNotifier beta5, Ecstatic Eggo
    05-29-2011 04:54 PM
    05-29-2011 04:57 PM
    It looks amazing. You guys need to check it out. Might replace biteSMS on my iP4.
    mind expanding on this? for example; can you quick compose from anywhere on the device?

also, bitesms seems pretty solid and i am wondering why you'd be so quick to get rid of it
    05-29-2011 05:16 PM
    Just downloaded this. It looks like Things. An app that looks like it was made by Apple itself.
    05-29-2011 05:45 PM
    mind expanding on this? for example; can you quick compose from anywhere on the device?

also, bitesms seems pretty solid and i am wondering why you'd be so quick to get rid of it
    you can reply from other apps which is my main reason for bitesms. I like an all in one solution.
    05-29-2011 06:16 PM
    yep you can!!!

Wow!!!! What a beta!!!! I was on the previous version until I installed Notified Pro... Now I'm gonna use this one for a while loooove the MobileReply!!!! Gorgeous.
    05-29-2011 06:19 PM
    I'm with BLiNK: quick reply is great, but I have to have quick compose as well. Can I use this beta but disable the SMS notification, and just keep using BiteSMS for that?
    05-29-2011 06:19 PM
    Anyone? I'm still not clear if the beta has true Quick Compose, or if it only has a Quick Reply...in other words, if I want to write a text to someone who hasn't written me, can this do that?
    05-30-2011 12:42 AM
    Anyone? I'm still not clear if the beta has true Quick Compose, or if it only has a Quick Reply...in other words, if I want to write a text to someone who hasn't written me, can this do that?
    Quick Reply only.
    05-30-2011 08:21 AM
    What is the name of the repository in Cydia?
    Last edited by bergman; 05-30-2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: clarification
    05-30-2011 09:05 AM
    Code:
    phajas.xen.prgmr.com/repo
    05-30-2011 09:38 AM
    So far it's mostly good!

I like the appearance a LOT. It looks like it belongs in iOS. But when I get a text, and I read it/use MobileReply, it doesn't get rid of the badge on my text messages. Does anyone else have this problem?
    05-30-2011 12:10 PM
    So far it's mostly good!

I like the appearance a LOT. It looks like it belongs in iOS. But when I get a text, and I read it/use MobileReply, it doesn't get rid of the badge on my text messages. Does anyone else have this problem?
    Yeah I have this problem too
    05-30-2011 12:15 PM
    I have that too

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk
    05-30-2011 12:26 PM
    Does it work on the Verizon iPhone?
    05-30-2011 08:11 PM
    Does it work on the Verizon iPhone?
    Yep!

(10 characters blah)
    05-30-2011 09:48 PM
    Rather than starting a new thread I did a quick search.

I have a question about MobileNotifier. At one point I was jailbroken but had since decided to "return back to jail" as my springboard kept crashing on me.

Now I'm thinking of taking the plunge again and jailbreaking my GSM iPhone running iOS 4.3.3. When I was jailbroken the apps that I used the most were biteSMS and MyWi I had installed MobileNotifier but for some reason I was having MobileNotifier and biteSMS not play nice together.

So I've never really gotten MobileNotifier to work that well however it does look promising but I do have a few questions about the app however.

1. I recently saw that there was a beta 4 or 5 available at the moment for MobileNotifier, if I were to install the repo from Cydia which version of MobileNotifier would I be getting, would it be the bets build or the latest stable build?

2. Does MobileNotifier work well with other iOS apps that provide push notifications, such as AP Mobile, CNN those types of apps, or is support for it limited to a handfull of apps?

3. Would it even be wise for me to JB at this point and time, since WWDC is right around the corner as well as possibly iOS 5?
    06-02-2011 10:18 AM
    Rather than starting a new thread I did a quick search.

I have a question about MobileNotifier. At one point I was jailbroken but had since decided to "return back to jail" as my springboard kept crashing on me.

Now I'm thinking of taking the plunge again and jailbreaking my GSM iPhone running iOS 4.3.3. When I was jailbroken the apps that I used the most were biteSMS and MyWi I had installed MobileNotifier but for some reason I was having MobileNotifier and biteSMS not play nice together.

So I've never really gotten MobileNotifier to work that well however it does look promising but I do have a few questions about the app however.

1. I recently saw that there was a beta 4 or 5 available at the moment for MobileNotifier, if I were to install the repo from Cydia which version of MobileNotifier would I be getting, would it be the bets build or the latest stable build?

2. Does MobileNotifier work well with other iOS apps that provide push notifications, such as AP Mobile, CNN those types of apps, or is support for it limited to a handfull of apps?

3. Would it even be wise for me to JB at this point and time, since WWDC is right around the corner as well as possibly iOS 5?
    1) you'd be getting the beta, which is also the most stable.

2) it works well with all apps that have push Notifications.

3) WWDC is right around the corner, but iOS 5 isn't even in beta yet, so it'll most likely be months before we actually get iOS 5.
    06-02-2011 11:56 AM
    Thanks for clearing up my questions, I'm still on the fence about JBing again though. I mean only to install MobileNotifier and MyWi...
    06-02-2011 12:21 PM
    While I did enjoy the massive improvements to MobileNotifier, I'm back to Notified Pro, haha. The badge thing drove me nuts, and the MobileReply didn't have active links (say, from some Twitter texts I have sent to my phone). That, and I'd miss the notification bar a lot. Overall I think I prefer Notified, but this beta is loads better than the last and I'll definitely be following this app's development!
    06-02-2011 02:55 PM
    It doesn't seem to work on my phone.
    06-02-2011 04:25 PM
    What doesn't seem to work on your phone?
    06-02-2011 08:13 PM
    I have a Verizon iPhone and I cannot not find MobileNotifier anywhere in Cydia. I am using the search function and it comes up with nothing what am I doing wrong?
    06-02-2011 11:28 PM
    You need to add the right repo under Sources so it knows where to look. Click Manage>Sources>Edit>Add and add the following:
    phajas.xen.prgmr.com/repo

That is where you'll find it. If you have trouble, this info is also offered a few posts back in this thread.
    matttomlan#IM likes this.
    06-03-2011 12:09 AM
    Downloaded this the other day and love it. I've actually deleted bitesms now as I prefer this MN over it. I realised I didn't need the popup preview as much as I thought and like the more subtle notification MN gives. Also found that bitesms was beginning to get buggy... lag as you open the app, sometimes crashing and closing on opening... I miss my little contact pics and custom tones.. but the stock sms is much more fluid, quicker when opening and no lag when typing which I also occasionally got with bitesms. It's just a shame that there wont be an update anytime soon as the developer may have gone on to bigger and better things... which if he has may mean that MN may become 'stock' soon =)
    06-03-2011 06:11 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD