GF got a free Iphone 3G on 4.2.1. Best route for Jailbreak ?

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Hey all. My girlfriend who doesn't really care about technology got a Iphone 3G in perfect condition externally for a even trade on a Samsung Captivate 1. So I updated the software which was still on 3.x to the last update for Iphone 3G. 4.2.1 She kinda enthused about the stuff I've had on my jailbroken 3GS the last few months and whats some of that stuff. Multitasking, Cydia flashlight, SBsettings, etc. She loves just the basics the jailbreaking offers. Whats the best jailbreak route for a Iphone 3G on 4.2.1 Will Greenpois0n work on 3G or another route. It'll be on a PC.

Thanks in advance
Josh

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Just head over to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and go to Tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak and pick your method. I personally prefer Pwnage Tool but that is a more involved process any of the others will work. Whatever you do just don't enable multi-tasking, wallpaper or battery percentage from the JB tool. This will lead to the slowest iPhone in the history of devices. There are JB apps that you can use to get the same functions and the phone will react alot better. Also if you do use Pwnage Tool in Expert Mode make sure you uncheck the Activate the phone option since it's not unlocked. Also when I used to JB my 3G in Pwnage Tool I would move the memory slider to 1024MB I found it just gave me a more stable JB. If you need an older version of Pwnage Tool and you can't find it hit me up by PM or something and I'll get it to ya.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
forget the jailbreak. find the nearest trash can and put it in it. when i had my 3G and started putting 4.x.x on it, i just about slammed my head on a wall daily..

then everything was better when i got my 4 :D

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, I wouldn't bother using anything above 3.1.3 on a 3G. She'll spend more time waiting for the phone to do things than she will using it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2