*edited* its an iphone 4 to be more specific sorry!

hey im going to buy an iphone off my friend who found one, and it is rogers iphone but i need to unlock it so it can work on telus. so i have a few questions.thanks in advance.

1. Does it need to be a specific os to be unlocked! if so what ones are able to be jailbroken and unlocked non tethered.

2. If the phone is reported lost or stolen will it still work or will it be blocked and not able to be used!

3. Is there a way to test if its fully working before i buy.
    Last edited by blackmarket; 05-25-2011 at 08:51 PM.
    05-25-2011 08:47 PM
    I believe in karma.
    05-25-2011 09:10 PM
    I believe in karma.
    thanks for the reply, but unfortunately it did not help me!
    05-25-2011 09:24 PM
    You should search the phone to try to find out the original owner but if that fails then to unlock it it has to have a modem firmware of 1.59 for ultrasnow to work, otherwise a gevey sim will work up to 4.3 maybe up to 4.3.3
    05-25-2011 09:27 PM
    You should search the phone to try to find out the original owner but if that fails then to unlock it it has to have a modem firmware of 1.59 for ultrasnow to work, otherwise a gevey sim will work up to 4.3 maybe up to 4.3.3
    hey thanks and im not the one who found it im the one buying it so... its not upto me plus i think its been wiped. and whats a gevey sim ?
    05-25-2011 09:36 PM
    If it's an iPhone 4 then it matters what baseband the phone is on. Go to Settings, General, About, Modem Version. Go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and go to tutorials, iPhone, Unlock and look there for the list of unlockable basebands. You can also use the 6.15 iPad baseband but you will lose warranty. The iPhone 4 uses a microSIM so you will a Telus one. You will also need to JB the phone to unlock if the baseband is unlockable then you can only JB with Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows) to keep the baseband unlockable.

I think with all the phones on Kijiji it might be easier to buy a legit Telus iPhone 4 plus you might feel better consciously. However to everyone I have to say we are all humans I can honestly say if I found an iPhone it would be a 50/50 toss up whether I would return it or keep it. I'm just being honest, with contracts, subsidized phones this person is not going to wait around for weeks to see if they ge their phone back. Where is Karma when I return the phone but lose mine and never get it back? There are things like money, wallet that are just plain WRONG to keep this is more of a grey area so why assume ethical superiority?
    05-26-2011 07:38 AM
    what is this ipad baseband you mentioned will it unlock my phone even if its baseband 4.10.01 and 4.3.3 firmware

If it's an iPhone 4 then it matters what baseband the phone is on. Go to Settings, General, About, Modem Version. You can also use the 6.15 iPad baseband but you will lose warranty. The iPhone 4 uses a microSIM so you will a Telus one.
    05-28-2011 01:58 AM
    crap my bad man I swore this was an option on the iPhone 4 but I've searched through all the sites I use and it seems I was wrong. It is only an option on the 3G and 3Gs Well like I said there is always the option of selling the phone online to a Rogers customer and then buying a Telus iPhone 4 online.
    05-28-2011 10:19 AM
    crap my bad man I swore this was an option on the iPhone 4 but I've searched through all the sites I use and it seems I was wrong. It is only an option on the 3G and 3Gs Well like I said there is always the option of selling the phone online to a Rogers customer and then buying a Telus iPhone 4 online.
    i would but id be on the losing end of the deal as this iphone 4 is brand new not even a tiny little scratch as its less than one month old and still has the original plastic covering the phone came with but thanks fro the help i will keep it as an ipod for now
    05-28-2011 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD