Iphone 3g stuck logo and can't restore!

Oxygenleaves

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Firstly, reallly appreciate any help. I am an idiot. So I might need someone with patience.

Ok... I have an iphone which was unlocked and jailbroken when I bought it. It worked fine for 2 years on a PAYG sim. This week, I switched to a contract sim and the network providers (Three Mobile) said I needed to upgrade my firmware for the sim to work. That's where it all went wrong.

My original firmware was 3.01 and they told me I needed IOS 4.2
Stupidly I tried to upgrade with iTunes and also using redrain. In truth I really don't know what happened. I got confused as to whether you can upgrade a jailbroken phone up to IOS4.

Anyway... my phone is now stuck with the apple logo and when I try to restore in itunes I get an error (1394) message.

Could any kind soul out there help a relative newbie like me?

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Firstly, reallly appreciate any help. I am an idiot. So I might need someone with patience.

Ok... I have an iphone which was unlocked and jailbroken when I bought it. It worked fine for 2 years on a PAYG sim. This week, I switched to a contract sim and the network providers (Three Mobile) said I needed to upgrade my firmware for the sim to work. That's where it all went wrong.

My original firmware was 3.01 and they told me I needed IOS 4.2
Stupidly I tried to upgrade with iTunes and also using redrain. In truth I really don't know what happened. I got confused as to whether you can upgrade a jailbroken phone up to IOS4.

Anyway... my phone is now stuck with the apple logo and when I try to restore in itunes I get an error (1394) message.

Could any kind soul out there help a relative newbie like me?

Thanks for reading!

I'd try installing 3.1.3 first, then use tinyumbrella to save shsh and see what firmwares are there and hopefully you can go to 4.2.1, I am a little curious that you may have a 3gs not a 3g....

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you have a 3G then you may be in luck. If you have a 3Gs you may have screwed your unlock. I would go back to your carrier and call the dude an F'in a$$wipe because that is the most ridiculous thing that you need a new firmware to run a SIM card??? OK you need to tell us if you have a 3G or 3Gs?

If you have a 3G use Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows) to make a 3.0.1 ipsw and reload the phone. Put the software in Expert Mode and make sure the Activate the phone option is checked. Once the phone is reloaded go into Settings-General-About and post up the Modem Version. If your baseband is still unlockable then go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and go to Tutorials, iPhone, Unlock and follow the instructions.

Pwnage Tool
iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials go to Tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak and find the version you want.

Sn0wbreeze
Search for Sn0wbreeze on here and look for my username I've given out the link so many times.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR