Hi, I've purchased an iPhone 4 with iOS 4.3.3 from my friend in the States. I don't know much about the iPhone, this is my first one.

I am currently in Beirut, Lebanon and need to unlock my phone to be able to use it. I have an idea of how to jailbreak and unlock the phone using Cydia and ultrasn0w, but my problem is that I don't have a SIM card from at&t. Can I still jailbreak without a SIM? Or should I put in the SIM from my phone company here (MTC Touch) and jailbreak it using that?
    05-23-2011 09:26 AM
    You can jailbreak without a SIM, but I doubt you would be able to use ultrasn0w for unlock since you are on 4.3.3.

What modem firmware are you running? Settings, general, about, scroll down.
    05-23-2011 01:10 PM
    I think you have to have a SIM card. You can get them on eBay for about buck. It doesn't have to be activated.
    05-23-2011 02:30 PM
    You can jailbreak without a SIM, but I doubt you would be able to use ultrasn0w for unlock since you are on 4.3.3.

What modem firmware are you running? Settings, general, about, scroll down.
    I downloaded redsn0w 0.9.6 rc15 but the program was unable to recognize the IPSW file. Is this because my modern firmware is 04.10.01? What's the solution to this problem?
    05-24-2011 06:45 PM
    You can JB without a SIM you have to use Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreze(Windows). Make sure you put it in Expert mode and choose Activate the phone option.

You also may still be able to unlock using ultrasn0w if the previous owner used Pwnage Tool or Sn0wbreeze to upgrade since the only iPhone 4 unlockable baseband. So to determine this go into Settings- General - About and post up your Modem Version? (I started answerig before I read your baseband)

Search on this site for my username I have given out the links to the software so many times.
    05-24-2011 08:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD