ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Is it really true that you can't downgrade the baseband from 06.15 back to a normal baseband? I find this hard to believe since it is a software thing. All software things are reversable.

I got a 3GS that someone did this too and I'd like to downgrade the baseband. Any thoughts?

VagrantHarmonist

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Everything I've read on that topic said it's irreversible. If you do try to downgrade, you'll permanently brick your phone. I hope you figure out if it's possible though! :)

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
It is irreversible as of right now. Sheriff Hashim attempted to downgrade the base band and the result was that the phone was bricked. If you look at his twitter time line you can see the results. The problem is that it is not just software it is also hard ware. Apple has altered the the code and the hardware so that it can not be down graded. The only hope would be for Apple to put out a baseband that had a higher version # so to say and the chances of that happening after the whole thing with the iPad baseband is highly unlikely.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The only time it was ever mentioned as a possibility was on the 2&3G using Fuzzyband and even then I never heard of many people having luck with it. I tried it more than once and it didn't do squat. The baseband is the modem driver I think the baseband is not loaded like the firmware I think it is flashed and then it is not altered again unless it's for a newer version. Just remember on the 2G the very first JBs/Unlocks could only be done through hardware, swapping out the chips:D Them were the days!!!

Last edited:

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
It is irreversible as of right now. Sheriff Hashim attempted to downgrade the base band and the result was that the phone was bricked. If you look at his twitter time line you can see the results. The problem is that it is not just software it is also hard ware. Apple has altered the the code and the hardware so that it can not be down graded. The only hope would be for Apple to put out a baseband that had a higher version # so to say and the chances of that happening after the whole thing with the iPad baseband is highly unlikely.

I know, I saw that! I was shocked. The reason I'm asking is that it is a software UPDATE, right? So you can't downgrade a software UPDATE??? :confused:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think it's more like a firmware flash. So lets say you flashed the firmware on a DVD drive. You can flash it up but if you try to flash it with a lower version it will tell you that a higher version is already on the device.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I just put 6.15 on a 3GS full well knowing it can't be undone and never taken to apple as they won't help you only reason you should ever do this to my knowlege is to unlock it if the previous baseband is unlockable I did this so it could use tmobile also FYI you can never use restore option in iTunes with original software it will not work you have to use dfu only mode and load custom firmware thru iTunes I wouldn't recommend this unless you know what your doing and ok to live with it. I know the question was how to undo it but wanted to share knowlege hoping it could help someone everything I read also it can't be undone :(

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Like I said in an earlier post, why do you feel you need to change the baseband all of a sudden? Does everything work? Is the phone having problems? If everything is working fine then what's the problem? Just curious...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Like I said in an earlier post, why do you feel you need to change the baseband all of a sudden? Does everything work? Is the phone having problems? If everything is working fine then what's the problem? Just curious...

Just guessing here, but 6.15.00 (aka the iPad baseband) does have some known issues that can cause you to lose GPS functionality, and just in general it's a bit of a pain because you can't ever update via iTunes again (it always has to be with a custom ipsw via Pwnage Tool/Sn0wbreeze).

The only reason to use it is if you absolutely must have an unlock; if you don't need that it offers no positives, only negatives.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Just guessing here, but 6.15.00 (aka the iPad baseband) does have some known issues that can cause you to lose GPS functionality, and just in general it's a bit of a pain because you can't ever update via iTunes again (it always has to be with a custom ipsw via Pwnage Tool/Sn0wbreeze).

The only reason to use it is if you absolutely must have an unlock; if you don't need that it offers no positives, only negatives.

Exactly I agree it's a pain the only reason I have ever done it is because the people I did it for needed a unlock to use on other carriers and the baseband they had was not unlock able due to a os update done in iTunes by them or whoever before them. Other than needing to be unlock or have no iPhone there is no other reason it's no bueno

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal