Can't Jailbreak!

cjhoney

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi There,

Been having problems with jailbreaking lately... I have an iPhone 3GS with the new bootrom, I was jailbroken on 4.0.2 with limera1n, then I updated to 4.3.2 and I have been stuck since, tried with greenpois0n and redsn0w and both just say 'failed'. So I tried PwnageTool, It worked but my phone wouldn't read the SIM card, it just said searching, or had 1 bar without saying my carrier. I don't know if this means much but, I live in South Africa so the iPhone 3GS was only available on Vodacom, I have a MTN SIM card (Vodacom is the Official carrier in SA but the iPhones are factory unlocked so they all work with other carriers). Without being Jailbroken it's fine, and when I jailbroke on 4.0.2 it was fine but with 4.3.1 it doesn't work... Is it my SIM card? Or my computer? Or What!?

Please Help Me, I'm desperate to get my jailbreak things back. All my friends show me all their cool new things from cydia, but I'm stuck with the original system...

Thanks In Advance
cjhoney

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't even aware that Greenpois0n even works on 4.3.2? Perhaps I just can't remember that far back. It wouldn't work with those anyway on 4.3.2 because you need to upgrade via iTunes before you run Greenpois0n or redsn0w and Apple stopped signing that firmware a long time ago. So your choices are you can remake the ipsw with Pwnage Tool again like you did but this time if your phone is factory unlocked make sure the "Activate Phone" option is UNCHECKED.

You can also just go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and look in Tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak and use the tool you want for 4.3.3 I believe there is redsn0w, Sn0wbreeze(Windows) or Pwnage Tool(Mac). If you use redsn0w you will need to update your phone in iTunes to 4.3.3 if you use Pwnage Tool then you can do that or you can just reload with the Pwnage Tool 4.3.3 firmware it will work either way. Again if you use Pwnage Tool make sure the Activate Phone option is unchecked.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW