After playing around with my new iPhone for a couple days now I think I want to attempt to Jailbreak it since with all my Droids I rooted those and generally that made them much better. Now this is an opinion since I am new to Jailbreaking, should I keep 4.2.8 and use sn0wbreeze or downgrade to 4.2.6 and use greenp0ison (i think that's the one).
    05-20-2011 08:28 AM
    What firmware did you get when you bought the phone? This is not like an Android phone where you flash whatever firmware version you want onto the phone. Apple has to sign/authorize the firmware versions for your device. So the only way to downgrade is if you have that authorization(SHSH Blobs) saved. If you got the phone with 4.2.8 you obviously wont have your SHSH blobs for any lower version saved.
    05-20-2011 03:20 PM
    What firmware did you get when you bought the phone? This is not like an Android phone where you flash whatever firmware version you want onto the phone. Apple has to sign/authorize the firmware versions for your device. So the only way to downgrade is if you have that authorization(SHSH Blobs) saved. If you got the phone with 4.2.8 you obviously wont have your SHSH blobs for any lower version saved.
    Ah okay, sorry still new to the iPhone stuff, it came with 4.2.7 and as soon as I plugged it in it updated to 4.2.8. So I guess I will need to jailbreak it with 4.2.8.
    05-20-2011 04:50 PM
    Yeah I used Snowbreeze if your running a pc. Worked like a champ!
    05-22-2011 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD