I hate....

jmill79

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
my phone Unjailbroken..... Last night I suddenly lost all bars and any provider link. Then a pop-up pops up and says Im no longer able to make or recieve calls and that I must restore...crap! I had been sitting pretty JB'd on Greenpoison 4.2.6. Loved the apps I paid for (lock info should be mandatory on this phone)

Anyway Ive now spent hours trying to get Pownage Tool to work, Ive followed every guide I could find multiple times to the T, only to end up stuck on the Apple boot screen (VZ 4.2.8 on a Mac) What am I missing???

I did have PKG Backup saving to my Dropbox so Im hoping it saved some parts of the JB IF or When I may be able to get it done again.

Any ideas, I may just take a trip to my parents house and use that snow one, this phone flat sucks unJB'd.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
As far as I understand Pwnage Tool doesn't work well with ViP firmware. Did you put the bundles in? Unless you're unlocked there is no point to specifically use Pwnage Tool if it's giving you a hard time. You could use Redsn0w or Sn0wbreeze which is the Windows version of Pwnage Tool.

jmill79

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Yep added the bundles and everything, I dont have windows here so I'll have to make a trip. Thanks for the reply! The snow one for windows is untethered right? The only other thing I'm wondering is after I do the JB on a win comp. How would or could I access my backup on my Mac?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I heard Pwnage Tool has issues on ViP. Once you JB the phone on the Windows machine get it home plug it in to your mac it should automatically ask if you would like to restore from your last backup. If it doesn't you can also right click on the phone in the left column of iTunes and choose restore from backup. Yes as far as I know Sn0wbreeze is untethered Sn0wBreeze | iPhoneHeat

Reactions: jmill79

jmill79

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Great, thanks a bunch! Gonna have to do it soon, I keep double clicking the header bar to get to SBsettings for my wifi, and it really sucks having to hit like 3 buttons for impt emails that used to pop up on my lock screen, lol

One more question, after the re jailbreak does Cydia still know what I already purchased or is that in my PKGbackup save on Dropbox?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't know about PKGbckup but you will need to re-install in Cydia. If you logged in for your purchases in Cydia where it says login with Google or Facebook then it will have the list of your apps once you login again. You can also backup Winterboard tweaks using SSH. You will SSH into your phone go to var/stash/Themesxxxx and download the contents to your computer. Then when you're re-JB put all the stuff back into the same place and your Winterboard will have all the tweaks again.

Reactions: jmill79

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal