haha! apparently i cannot read intructions very well!

i did not have my pseudo-badges checked in OpenNotifier and now it works!

check out the ESPN icon for a sportcenter update!

05-23-2011 09:44 AM
    is there a repo that I need to download to be able to download those statusbar icons? Because the only one that I see on cydia as of right now is the appstore one
    Last edited by frozinwater; 05-23-2011 at 08:51 PM.
    05-23-2011 08:18 PM
    each icon has to be downloaded separately from Cydia > Sections > Add On (OpenNotifier) and then setup/configure to the appropriate app... along with turning on the pseudo-badges, which it sounds like you have done already
    frozinwater likes this.
    05-23-2011 08:48 PM
    wow.. that was slow of me Thanks BLiNK
    05-23-2011 08:51 PM
    Does anyone know how to set a custom notification in the statusbar on opennotifier for when you receive a voicemail, preferably the voicemail icon (anyone know where i can find that)? Thanks in advance.
    05-24-2011 04:42 AM
    my first gripe with Notified and OpenNotifier used together

once a message is received, as far as i know, the only way to remove the icon from the statusbar would be actually going into the app itself. to me it would make more sense for the statusbar icon to go away after viewing the notification in the Notified drop down section

i emailed the Dev regarding this and this was his response:

"I already have code written that removes the badge and ON icon for an app if you double tap its icon on the SpringBoard."
    this seems useless to me. the idea is to have control from the lockscreen as well and by doing what he is suggesting i would have to go to my homescreen after every notification, crazy

if anyone else knows of a workaround i'd love to hear it
    05-24-2011 10:00 AM
    Yeah that's a bummer Notified's notifications go away if you delete the messages from the Notified app, but OpenNotifier and Notified don't officially work together so OpenNotifier can't register what Notified Pro is doing
    05-24-2011 01:44 PM
    well, i feel i gave it a good go with this but it is just not for me..

the last straw is when i get a notification for ESPN Scorecenter, yeah you can go into the app from Notified but it does not take you "directly" where you need to go. for example; if i get a score update for a NBA game and i try to go to it from the Notified app it will take me to the Scorecenter app but not the specific game or even the NBA section

Apple's native system does this for me..

it looks like i am back to popups & badges. SlideAway looks promising & different, i am anxious to see exactly how that works
    05-25-2011 10:21 AM
    well, i feel i gave it a good go with this but it is just not for me..

the last straw is when i get a notification for ESPN Scorecenter, yeah you can go into the app from Notified but it does not take you "directly" where you need to go. for example; if i get a score update for a NBA game and i try to go to it from the Notified app it will take me to the Scorecenter app but not the specific game or even the NBA section

Apple's native system does this for me..

it looks like i am back to popups & badges. SlideAway looks promising & different, i am anxious to see exactly how that works
    Yeah I noticed it does that it doesn't bother me as much as the popups do, though The popups and TinyWings do not get along... so I use this not-quite-perfect method to get past that haha. SlideAway does look interesting, I can't wait to try it out too!
    05-27-2011 12:22 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD