Going back to TeamPure...

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
mededitor if you go pure your phone will be upgraded to 4.2.8 through iTunes. If you have your SHSH blobs saved for 4.2.6 then you could downgrade but it's such a pain in my opinion. So if you do decide to go pure I saw get Sn0wbreeze and do 4.2.8 just make sure you put it in Expert Mode and uncheck Activate the phone because you're not unlocked.

Thanks, my friend, I didn't realize that. :eek:

There is absolutely no way that I'm going to "purify" my phone if it will upgrade to 4.2.8. I've got it humming along really well right now on 4.2.6 and Greenpois0n, and I don't want to switch to 4.2.8 and Sn0wbreeze. The 4.2.8 upgrade isn't worth doing for me, I'm not overly concerned about the location tracking.

I think I'll just do some "housecleaning" via Cydia.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
so, Hank, how's it going with the Pure thing? are you getting used to it?

Yeah, I'm getting used to it ... to a point ... I miss the Favorites from Lockinfo and I really miss BiteSMS (especially the QuickReply)... and the ability to add some tweaks like background closer, to delete all email and change that gawd-awful tri-tone SMS tone... but it's running better and battery life rocks - that could be either unjailbreak and/or moving to 4.3.3.

However, I will probably be back on TeamJB soon - after the first of June. I'm on call at work, so I can't be playing with my phone and risk missing a work page... :) (gotta keep the job to be able to buy the toys!)

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I want to go back to original settings, but there's too many little things like fonts and such that would most likely drive me nuts.
Jailbroken apps I currently have downloaded:
Lockinfo
Five icon dock
Movieland
Photoalbums+
Snaptap
Adblock
Clock hide
Infinifolders
Bytafont
Fakecarrier
Aptbackup

I could probably do without a couple, but I guess I'll never know :p

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Someone has asked me if I found myself more or less productive on TeamPure vs Team JB... If anyone cares, here's my take... and some of this is rehashing what I have already posted...

Is TeamPure more or less productive? Neither. I spend less time with "tweaking" for sure... but at the same time, there are some really useful apps in the Cydia store... as for battery life, it's a multi-faceted issue... I am still wondering WHY my battery life seems better with the pure setup:

1. JB kills battery (not sure I can really say that).
  2. iOS 4.3.3 is much better than iOS 4.2.1 in terms of battery life (maybe?)
  3. I use my phone now, but I'm NOT constantly tweaking and playing (likely at least a factor)

As I have posted on the forums, there are a number of tweaks that I became dependent upon... including:

Lockinfo - especially the FAVORITES plugin
BiteSMS - especially the QuickReply function
Background Closer - closes folders after an app is launched
Mark Read - allows marking ALL MAIL read in a single click
Delete All - allows for deleting/archiving ALL MAIL in a single click
5-Icon Dock - it's amazing how convenient it is to have another icon on the dock

Additionally, I like the idea of being able to theme and add/change SMS tones and address the whole iOS notification mess.

Having said all of this, I will more likely than not, reJailbreak my phone in the near future...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I want to go back to original settings, but there's too many little things like fonts and such that would most likely drive me nuts.
Jailbroken apps I currently have downloaded:
Lockinfo
Movieland
Photoalbums+
Snaptap
Adblock
Clock hide
Infinifolders
Bytafont
Fakecarrier
Aptbackup

I could probably do without a couple, but I guess I'll never know :p

i am a little surprised biteSMS is not on your list.. i thought every jailbreaker had it :) :D

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
i am a little surprised biteSMS is not on your list.. i thought every jailbreaker had it :) :D

I had it for a little while after you had mentioned it, and it was ok, but 1.) it made my phone run slow and 2.) it took up a lot of space I would rather use for music.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't use biteSMS either. It just has never appealed to me.

I used to use it because while I hated the popups, at least it let me deal with the messages and then go back to what I was doing without ever leaving the initial app in the first place... now that Notified lets me kill all popups, I have no use for biteSMS haha.

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been on team pure since Friday. It's the little things that are bothering me like fonts and not having photoalbums+ anymore. I think that's the main one I miss. I really want to jailbreak again but I'm also slightly hesitant because I don't want to mess up my phone again lol.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
IMO, the "pure" ViP needs to be JB to compete with the Android systems out of the box. With JB, you can create a competitive device, but you need to select and load apps individually. Interesting, tho, the ViP apps are generally more expensive or free, compared to Android's Market --- but often a much better product. After doing a JB, I added many of the same apps as I had with my Android device. In many cases, the differences - even with the very same app and dev - were significant in favor of the iP.

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I just jailbroke again recently. I missed sbsettings, better text tones. I'm not using theme's this time around. They slowed my phone down a lot. The lockscreens ate my battery usage.