Old 3GS needs update

Ribido

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Here's the short version =]

My wife just returned to Guam from a trip back home and her phone is running amazingly slow, after cydia attempts to restart spring board it never comes back, just continues to "think". More importantly, we get "network lost" when the phone comes on after a hard-reboot. I'm not sure why this is happening, but I think it might be because she is still on version 3.1.2 and her modem firmware is 05.11.01 (I assume this is baseband???). She doesn't care about new features with the new versions, we just want her phone to work again out here and I'm afraid to do anything with the threat of losing her baseband.

Thanks!

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Create a custom 4.3.3 firmware (with options to keep the current baseband and activate if you don't have the official carrier sim) yourself using Pwnagetool(Mac) or Snowbreeze (windows). Or, you can google and download one from a trusted site.

Once you have the custom file, use Pwnagetool(Mac) or Rednsow (windows) to put the phone into a special DFU mode, and then, restore with the custom firmware file through iTunes. Afterward, on the phone, install Ultrasnow if you need the phone unlock to use on non official carrier.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
What model phone is it? 3G, 3Gs
Do you use Mac or Windows?

It is unlocked so you need to either use Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows) to create a custom firmware in order to stay unlocked. I will help you more once you answer the questions.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR