Hi all ,

Few weeks ago I had a problem with my Ihpone 4 , It was jailbroken with Untethered RedSn0w . And the version was 4.2.1. Since it was Untethered I had to apply the boot every time my phone was reset or turned off.

One time my battery finished so I had to do boot the jailbreak again. I came home connected my phone but my PC could not find it. It found the device but it told me that it had a problem with it and that I should check for the drivers or something or replace it...After a while it didn't recognized it any more.
    And the phone is stuck in the restore mode , with the apple logo on the screen all the time. I have tried to connect the phone with other computers to see if the problem was just with my PC , but its the phone problem.
    I have also tried to reset the whole system to go back to restore mode , but it won't let me.

So I can't connect my device to my PC , to restore the boot. And I have tried to reinstall Itunes , checked my USB ports in device manager thing.

funny thing that happen is , that my brother who has an Iphone 4 aswell , has the same problem now.

I really hope that someone could help me out with this ,

Regards ,

DC
    05-15-2011 06:32 PM
    Well, if it was an untethered jailbreak, you do NOT have to use Redsnow to reboot. The opposite, in fact. Did you try to put it into DFU mode before restoring it?
    05-15-2011 06:49 PM
    Sounds like you need to charge the phone with the AC adapter firstyour USB might not be providing enough power to do what you need to do.

Also: untethered means you don't have to hook up to your computer to rebootwhat you're describing is a tethered boot. Once you get running again you should look into an Untethered jailbreak; they are much more convenient.
    05-15-2011 06:52 PM
    Hi guys , thanks for helping it means a lot ! Yes my bad the jailbreak is tethered I miss understood the thing. I have tried to put the phone in DFU mode and it didn't helped aswell.
    Also when I plugin my phone , he charges up , I see the icon and after awhile when its charged up it goes to apple logo. So I am stuck there.

Cheers ,
    05-16-2011 02:29 AM
    Hi guys , thanks for helping it means a lot ! Yes my bad the jailbreak is tethered I miss understood the thing. I have tried to put the phone in DFU mode and it didn't helped aswell.
    Also when I plugin my phone , he charges up , I see the icon and after awhile when its charged up it goes to apple logo. So I am stuck there.

Cheers ,
    With a tethered JB, everytime the phone reboots it gets stuck at the Apple logo. You need to use the JB program's "tethered boot" to start up the phone. Or, it's better to just re-JB with Redsnow, make it a untethered JB and never have to worry about rebooting again.
    05-16-2011 03:17 AM
    Plug the phone into the wall and make sure it charges for about 3-4 hours. Once it's charged make sure you're using an Apple USB cable or you wont get into DFU mode. Also make sure it is plugged into the USB on the computer not a USB hub. Then connect the phone put it into DFU mode and run your JB program. Once the phone boots go to iClarified - Tutorials - iPhone and go to Jailbreak and go to 4.3.3 and choose the method to JB the phone untethered. Are you unlocked? If you are then you will need to do things a little differently after you get the phone running.
    05-16-2011 07:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD