Sn0Breeze 2.7.1 Battery drain

bajanboi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Recently jailbroke with Sn0wBreeze 2.7.1 over GreenP0ison on 4.2.1. Battery life is horrible I take it off the dock on my way out the door and battery is @ 35% by lunch time roughly 5 hrs later. Any one else having this issue or know how to correct it. I used Sn0wbreeze in order to preserve my baseband.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't matter if you used Greenpois0n before because Sn0wbreeze like Pwnage Tool does a total reload of the OS. I'm saying this for anyone who tries to help you they will tell you to reload the OS fresh. So what I would do first of all is list for us what you're settings are because many people are quick to blame the JB when it's something they have installed or a setting they have.

What is the brightness level of your screen?
Do you use push or fetch for your emails?
How many email accounts?
How often is the push/fetch interval?
Do you have OpenSSH installed? Do you turn it off when you're not using it or you reboot the phone?
Do you leave Wifi on when you don't have Wifi coverage?

If you answer those questions and you can't find anything that could be causing this issue then you can remake the custom ipsw with Sn0wbreeze and do a reload of the OS to see if it's any better. If not then do another reload but finally setup the phone as new instead of restoring from backup. This means you will have to setup everything all over because your settings, wifi places, game save data, text messages, etc. will all be gone.

Reactions: bajanboi

bajanboi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Ipheuria, You helped me a bunch.

My Screen brightness is @ 50%
I only fetch my emails
I have 3 accounts
I fetch 3-4 times a day mainly when I'm away from my CPU
I do have OpenSSH installed but i turn it off, but some how it keeps turning on (worry bout that another day)
Yes i constantly leave my WiFi on reguardless if I have coverage or not but it wasn't an issue on 4.2.1.
I make it a priority to force quit my apps and free up memory in SBSettings when I'm done with them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal