Is there a good messaging app? I liked the look and features of smsbite. But I don't mind paying for an app, but I'm not going to pay for tokens to text when I pay for unlimited texting already.

Thanks,
    05-11-2011 04:27 PM
    I love bitesms. With bitesms, you don't have to buy those tokens. There is an option to buy them, but if you have unlimited texting you can set it to send via mobile carrier.
    05-11-2011 04:34 PM
    I did not know that.
    05-11-2011 04:52 PM
    Bite SMS here also. I do have unlimited texting and do have the tokens shut off. Works like a charm
    05-11-2011 05:34 PM
    how do you not get the default message notifications to stop and just bitesms?
    05-11-2011 06:10 PM
    You can turn off the Apple alert in Bite/Settings/Features/Lock Screen Mode and Unlock Screen Mode Features
    05-11-2011 07:15 PM
    i like the quickreply for sms. and I use chatpic. so it shows the persons contact photo and it allows me to do quick reply from any app.
    05-12-2011 08:15 AM
    BiteSMS has many options to customize it just the way you like it. When you open up the app, in the conversation list there is a gear icon in the top right of the screen. Just click it and it has your options for turning on the quick reply and even setting which buttons to show (ie: Send, Call, Popup,Forward). At the top of the page it gives you four options for Send (via Mobile Carrier, via biteSMS, Remeber per Contact, and Carrier Plan Rules). Just set it to Mobile Carrier and you're good to go. It also has the option to show the contact pic natively in the conversation list, conversations, and in the quick reply.
    05-12-2011 04:03 PM
    biteSMS is so Epic that i truly believe that anyone who dislikes it just simply has not taken the time to learn about all the options/features it has to offer
    05-12-2011 04:38 PM
    biteSMS is so Epic that i truly believe that anyone who dislikes it just simply has not taken the time to learn about all the options/features it has to offer
    I actully prefer iRealSMS but there is NO way I'm paying $13 for a text messaging app!
    05-12-2011 04:43 PM
    I actully prefer iRealSMS but there is NO way I'm paying $13 for a text messaging app!
    i am a firm believer in getting what you pay for. that being said, if you indeed prefer iRealSMS then $13 is well worth the money

just curious, what is it about iRealSMS that you like better?
    05-12-2011 05:13 PM
    I second irealsms
    05-12-2011 07:34 PM
    i'd like to hear from someone who has used both biteSMS & iRealSMS and their opinion..

i'm not afraid to try something new if they honestly think it's better
    05-12-2011 08:11 PM
    I used to use iReal, and the only feature I REALLY miss (now that i use bite) is the ability to send MMS from Quick Compose. It kind of boggles the mind that this hasn't made it into bite yet. Even if it was only for the paid version, I'd understand, but as it is I just can't figure out why it isn't supported.
    BLiNK likes this.
    05-12-2011 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD