How safe is this or reliable, i don't want to break my new iPhone4
    05-09-2011 03:58 PM
    Are you asking if it's safe to jailbreak? If so, the answer is yes. I've JB four devices, and know a dozen people who have JB theirs also, never a problem. If any problem occurs, you can simply plug into iTunes and restore the device to factiory. I'm not saying that it's 100% foolproof, but I personally have never heard of a reputable jailbreak bricking an iPhone. Also, I had another i4 before this one, and before I sold it, did a factory restore and it turmed out perfect.
    05-09-2011 04:56 PM
    Wasn't there an recent article about 1/3 of iphones in China are Jailbroken... Thats ALOT of JB devices...
    05-09-2011 05:05 PM
    There are millions and millions of JBen iPhones especially now that the tools have become very mainstream. I have been JBing since the very first iPhone so 4 years. There are freezes and crashes but the regular iPhone has those problems too. Just stay away from installous and cracked apps and games and you'll be fine. Just read through the threads on the first page here for some knowledge. You should do a search and read up on SHSH blobs, BiteSMS, OpenSSH, Redsn0w, Sn0wbreeze, and Pwnage Tool. When a new firmware upgrade comes out for the phone upgrading will remove the JB and you will need to redo it otherwise don't update until there is a JB tool for that firmware.
    05-09-2011 05:47 PM
    I dont think its necessary to stay away from installous, as long as you make sure you've changed your default root and mobile user passwords...

Most exploits bank on the fact most people dont change apple'd default password...
    05-09-2011 09:28 PM
    Seriously?
    05-09-2011 11:00 PM
    I dont think its necessary to stay away from installous, as long as you make sure you've changed your default root and mobile user passwords...

Most exploits bank on the fact most people dont change apple'd default password...
    It may not be necessary to stay away from it, but it is necessary to stay away from talking about it unless you want to be banned.

TiPb's Policy on Piracy Discussions
    05-10-2011 06:48 AM
    +1 Alli. Absolutely no "cracked" apps allowed!
    05-10-2011 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD