Notification app

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yeah, i removed it as well. it just felt like it was lacking something.. not sure. i may give it another shot once it is out of beta

i have been using LockInfo for over 2 years now and i have a feeling something pretty amazing will have to come along in order for me to ditch it for good

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
yeah, i removed it as well. it just felt like it was lacking something.. not sure. i may give it another shot once it is out of beta

i have been using LockInfo for over 2 years now and i have a feeling something pretty amazing will have to come along in order for me to ditch it for good

Do you remember the name of the notifier app that used the area above the fast switcher icons?

EDIT:
Nevermind... it is Mobile Notifier... why does the memory always kick in AFTER you post the question? :)

Last edited:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
AJSLDFKNASDF

Dude.

DUDE.

This is sweet!!!! This is PERFECT!!! omg. I have been using LockInfo all this time... and this is SO MUCH BETTER!!! No matter the app, it opens it up right from the notification. So much more attractive, too. I LOVE the Statusbar mod that has the teeny slide-down notification with the message for you to read, plus the scrolling tweak for longer messages... can read the whole thing right from my statusbar, then either dismiss it with a tap or pull down to get to the notifications menu.

AHHHH dude you are a hero!!! BEST. JB APP. EVER.

Lol, you're welcome, this is always the first JB app I install when I restore or do an upgrade, the scrolling tweak is awesome, I just added it again, I had forgot how useful it is!! I know of at least one more cool feature that should be coming soon now, and they are working on integration with BiteSMS which is going to take it to the next level. Not sure when that's going to happen as that's probably pretty complicated, but should be well worth the wait. I don't know why Notified doesn't get any love from the Apple blogs, it's the best Notification solution out there imo too.:cool:

eksoccer99

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
i think the beta version doesn't even work for me, ip4 gsm 4.3.3 JB
non-beta version works but my mail app still screws up. Add me to list of removal and sticking with LockInfo

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why Notified doesn't get any love from the Apple blogs, it's the best Notification solution out there imo too.:cool:

Agreed. I can't go back to LI now... I absolutely HATED how with LI I would get, say, a Words with Friends notification... Instinctively I'd tap it... and nothing happens. I much prefer tapping the notification in Notified Pro and having it take me to the actual app, no matter the app, like real notifications would. Plus it has the best UI of them all (MobileNotifier being a close second). If it could just lump all of one kind of notification together, let me choose apps to not send notifications (like the Clocks app... I don't need to see 9 alerts that I hit Snooze LOL), and take me to the actual alert versus just the app, I'd be in heaven. These are all things I'm willing to work with though, for the benefits the app brings :D

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Agreed. I can't go back to LI now... I absolutely HATED how with LI I would get, say, a Words with Friends notification... Instinctively I'd tap it... and nothing happens. I much prefer tapping the notification in Notified Pro and having it take me to the actual app, no matter the app, like real notifications would.

Yea I love that, you can even set it to delete the notification once tapped in settings.

Plus it has the best UI of them all (MobileNotifier being a close second). If it could just lump all of one kind of notification together, let me choose apps to not send notifications (like the Clocks app... I don't need to see 9 alerts that I hit Snooze LOL), and take me to the actual alert versus just the app, I'd be in heaven. These are all things I'm willing to work with though, for the benefits the app brings :D

I know you can set apps for it to ignore in settings, if you scroll down there's an ignored applications option and from there you can choose which apps you want it to ignore. I have set it to just ignore the ipod player, no need to see an alert for that!
The snooze alerts can get ridiculous depending on how many times you hit snooze, I should block those too!:p

As far as being taken to the actual alert instead of just the app, I'm not sure if that's possible? I'm not sure how push notifications are handled..

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yea I love that, you can even set it to delete the notification once tapped in settings.

I know you can set apps for it to ignore in settings, if you scroll down there's an ignored applications option and from there you can choose which apps you want it to ignore.

Whoa, how do you do either of these? I definitely don't have the Ignored Applications setting...

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Whoa, how do you do either of these? I definitely don't have the Ignored Applications setting...

It's in settings/Notified/scroll down, and it should look like this >>
73d298c7.jpg

Let me know if that works..

Reactions: anon4705295

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
redbeard, are you using biteSMS along with Notified Pro Beta or the native SMS with it?

also, it seems like there was a slight battery drain. is this something you are experiencing or have?

Last edited:

eksoccer99

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
dont get it

I dont get it. WTH. i could never get this to work properly. even the beta version. Mail never worked properly along with it even though there's mail beta. what are you guys doing differently? Like a possible list of of apps installed, maybe some cydia app conflicts i'm not aware of???? Please help. Chirm, LP if you'd like would be great. i'm lost........

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I dont get it. WTH. i could never get this to work properly. even the beta version. Mail never worked properly along with it even though there's mail beta. what are you guys doing differently? Like a possible list of of apps installed, maybe some cydia app conflicts i'm not aware of???? Please help. Chirm, LP if you'd like would be great. i'm lost........

I have just the beta installed, with the beta Notifications thingy that's also in the beta repo. I use Popup Blocker to nuke the native notifications, and that's it. DONT use the popup blocker in the app... I find it blocks things like loggin I to iTunes to purchase apps and not showing the snooze button, so the alarm rings and rings and rings... But that's it, and it works fine for me. I don't use the mail stuff cause I don't really care about it and have most of my mail polled at one hour.

What about it isnt working for you? Is it the whole thing, one aspect...?

eksoccer99

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I have just the beta installed, with the beta Notifications thingy that's also in the beta repo. I use Popup Blocker to nuke the native notifications, and that's it. DONT use the popup blocker in the app... I find it blocks things like loggin I to iTunes to purchase apps and not showing the snooze button, so the alarm rings and rings and rings... But that's it, and it works fine for me. I don't use the mail stuff cause I don't really care about it and have most of my mail polled at one hour.

What about it isnt working for you? Is it the whole thing, one aspect...?

I guess the whole thing doesn't seem working right (beta). The non beta version does but my mail acts funny. shows badge, example: (8) then gets cleared. then all over again. if uninstalled things are fine. Unless the Mail (email) doesn't go thru the Notified Pro app?? and Mail (email) is still standalone. I thought it's suppose to since you would be getting notified 'push' email every hour. When beta version installed just seems like notified pro doesn't pick up anything ; notification/s. guess i'll keep trying here and there

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
redbeard, are you using biteSMS along with Notified Pro Beta or the native SMS with it?

Yes I'm using Bite.

also, it seems like there was a slight battery drain. is this something you are experiencing or have?

The only battery drain I've had lately was when I was on 4.3.1, Once I upgraded to 4.3.2 my battery life seems to be back to normal.

Here's what I got last week off a full charge..

71d54499.jpg

Reactions: BLiNK

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I guess the whole thing doesn't seem working right (beta). The non beta version does but my mail acts funny. shows badge, example: (8) then gets cleared. then all over again. if uninstalled things are fine. Unless the Mail (email) doesn't go thru the Notified Pro app?? and Mail (email) is still standalone. I thought it's suppose to since you would be getting notified 'push' email every hour. When beta version installed just seems like notified pro doesn't pick up anything ; notification/s. guess i'll keep trying here and there

There was an update to the beta yesterday, not sure what the changes were yet, I never used it for mail either as I don't want or need to get a push everytime I get an e-mail. Everything else works flawlessly on 4.3.2 for me, I stopped trying to figure out which tweaks didn't play well together since I have so many now. When I find out anything I'll post it here..

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
so since it does not support biteSMS, yet, all you use it for is Notifications only correct?

Correct. I don't even completely understand the entire Bite compatibility, I use both and they work, it logs my missed SMS messages. I was thinking they were trying to make it so that you could reply to a text from the Notified pulldown, don't see why though since quickreply is the whole point of Bite..

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the info. i just downloaded the new beta and it puts me into safe mode every time i try to access the app with gesture..

it was not doing this in the previous beta

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro