Notification app

jtrevill

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
When you have these installed - how do you disable the iphone default missed messages alerts? (Ie missed calls and voicemails)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yes, notifier or notifier+ only show icons in the statusbar and i believe it does reminder alerts as well

ja2ed, i am assuming you came from an android. i am afraid you have fallen victim to the lack of decent notification options to your standards, even in the jailbreak scene

LockInfo is one of the better ones out there but that is not what you are looking for, understandably so. Notified Pro is ok but it appears the support is horrible and i wasn't that impressed with it myself

i do like LockInfo a lot but i have found, as of late, it has been a big battery drainer so i removed it and battery life has been noticeably better. all we can do is wait for iOS 5 and hope that Apple makes some leaps & bounds with their notification system

ja2ed

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Thank you sir. Yes I have came from android but I also have been with the iOS. I just have been new to the jailbreak scene

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
yes, notifier or notifier+ only show icons in the statusbar and i believe it does reminder alerts as well

ja2ed, i am assuming you came from an android. i am afraid you have fallen victim to the lack of decent notification options to your standards, even in the jailbreak scene

LockInfo is one of the better ones out there but that is not what you are looking for, understandably so. Notified Pro is ok but it appears the support is horrible and i wasn't that impressed with it myself

i do like LockInfo a lot but i have found, as of late, it has been a big battery drainer so i removed it and battery life has been noticeably better. all we can do is wait for iOS 5 and hope that Apple makes some leaps & bounds with their notification system

so what do you use for your notifications?

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
LOL!! hopefully this new version of lockinfo is better on battery life, because since I removed LI, my battery life is noticeably better.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
You use notified pro right? If you ever find the right settings to do that let me know

Yes I do, there are several different plug ins for it, you can use whichever ones you like, I couldn't find a video of the scrolling statusbar messages, but here's one for how the Notification Grip plug in looks >> YouTube - NotificationGriP-Plugin 1.1.0.0 for Notified Pro

To get the messages to scroll in the status bar download this >> StatusbarNotifications.dylib And then drop it here "/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries"

I think you can try Notified Pro for free right now as there's a beta on Cydia you can get by adding this repo >> beta.notifiedapp.com/

Let me know if that works, I think it's the only notifications tweak that scrolls messages in the statusbar.

Reactions: anon4705295

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes I do, there are several different plug ins for it, you can use whichever ones you like, I couldn't find a video of the scrolling statusbar messages, but here's one for how the Notification Grip plug in looks >> YouTube - NotificationGriP-Plugin 1.1.0.0 for Notified Pro

To get the messages to scroll in the status bar download this >> StatusbarNotifications.dylib And then drop it here "/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries"

I think you can try Notified Pro for free right now as there's a beta on Cydia you can get by adding this repo >> beta.notifiedapp.com/

Let me know if that works, I think it's the only notifications tweak that scrolls messages in the statusbar.

AJSLDFKNASDF

Dude.

DUDE.

This is sweet!!!! This is PERFECT!!! omg. I have been using LockInfo all this time... and this is SO MUCH BETTER!!! No matter the app, it opens it up right from the notification. So much more attractive, too. I LOVE the Statusbar mod that has the teeny slide-down notification with the message for you to read, plus the scrolling tweak for longer messages... can read the whole thing right from my statusbar, then either dismiss it with a tap or pull down to get to the notifications menu.

AHHHH dude you are a hero!!! BEST. JB APP. EVER.

Reactions: redbeard

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
AJSLDFKNASDF

Dude.

DUDE.

This is sweet!!!! This is PERFECT!!! omg. I have been using LockInfo all this time... and this is SO MUCH BETTER!!! No matter the app, it opens it up right from the notification. So much more attractive, too. I LOVE the Statusbar mod that has the teeny slide-down notification with the message for you to read, plus the scrolling tweak for longer messages... can read the whole thing right from my statusbar, then either dismiss it with a tap or pull down to get to the notifications menu.

haha, wow! that good?! giving it a try now..

eksoccer99

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I can't get it to work, I think....

AJSLDFKNASDF

Dude.

DUDE.

I must be doing something wrong. Installed this BETA version and dont know if it works. it's all there but never loads a notificiation, "no nifications" even though i have Facebook and mail (email) notifciation. Notification Grip within the app Free download doesn't work either. Any HELP! iphone 4 (gsm) 4.3.3 / JB.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it was coincidence or not, but the combination of Notified Pro and GriP plugin caused my phone to become very sluggish... it took a full 90 seconds to open the list view on my calendar, for example.

I removed both, and things are back to normal. It was a real shame, too... I liked the look and the notifications.

#justsaying

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox