Thank you sir. Yes I have came from android but I also have been with the iOS. I just have been new to the jailbreak scene
    05-10-2011 12:22 PM
    yes, notifier or notifier+ only show icons in the statusbar and i believe it does reminder alerts as well

ja2ed, i am assuming you came from an android. i am afraid you have fallen victim to the lack of decent notification options to your standards, even in the jailbreak scene

LockInfo is one of the better ones out there but that is not what you are looking for, understandably so. Notified Pro is ok but it appears the support is horrible and i wasn't that impressed with it myself

i do like LockInfo a lot but i have found, as of late, it has been a big battery drainer so i removed it and battery life has been noticeably better. all we can do is wait for iOS 5 and hope that Apple makes some leaps & bounds with their notification system
    so what do you use for your notifications?
    05-10-2011 01:15 PM
    *shiver* badges & popups ha!
    05-10-2011 03:42 PM
    LOL!! hopefully this new version of lockinfo is better on battery life, because since I removed LI, my battery life is noticeably better.
    05-10-2011 03:54 PM
    LOL!! hopefully this new version of lockinfo is better on battery life, because since I removed LI, my battery life is noticeably better.
    There is a recent beta update out that lists "battery performance" in the change log...
    05-10-2011 04:43 PM
    There is a recent beta update out that lists "battery performance" in the change log...
    the official 3.0.3.10 update is available via cydia.
    05-10-2011 04:48 PM
    nice. why do i feel compelled to download this.. (downloading now )
    05-10-2011 04:49 PM
    nice. why do i feel compelled to download this.. (downloading now )
    OCD or a sick, masochistic side... either way, I did it, too!
    05-10-2011 04:53 PM
    OCD or a sick, masochistic side... either way, I did it, too!
    you, sir, are correct!
    05-10-2011 08:32 PM
    lockinfo is pretty good, and I do not like opennotifier
    05-11-2011 03:48 PM
    You use notified pro right? If you ever find the right settings to do that let me know
    Yes I do, there are several different plug ins for it, you can use whichever ones you like, I couldn't find a video of the scrolling statusbar messages, but here's one for how the Notification Grip plug in looks >>

To get the messages to scroll in the status bar download this >> StatusbarNotifications.dylib And then drop it here "/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries"

I think you can try Notified Pro for free right now as there's a beta on Cydia you can get by adding this repo >> beta.notifiedapp.com/

Let me know if that works, I think it's the only notifications tweak that scrolls messages in the statusbar.
    anon4705295 likes this.
    05-11-2011 06:47 PM
    Yes I do, there are several different plug ins for it, you can use whichever ones you like, I couldn't find a video of the scrolling statusbar messages, but here's one for how the Notification Grip plug in looks >>

To get the messages to scroll in the status bar download this >> StatusbarNotifications.dylib And then drop it here "/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries"

I think you can try Notified Pro for free right now as there's a beta on Cydia you can get by adding this repo >> beta.notifiedapp.com/

Let me know if that works, I think it's the only notifications tweak that scrolls messages in the statusbar.
    AJSLDFKNASDF

Dude.

DUDE.

This is sweet!!!! This is PERFECT!!! omg. I have been using LockInfo all this time... and this is SO MUCH BETTER!!! No matter the app, it opens it up right from the notification. So much more attractive, too. I LOVE the Statusbar mod that has the teeny slide-down notification with the message for you to read, plus the scrolling tweak for longer messages... can read the whole thing right from my statusbar, then either dismiss it with a tap or pull down to get to the notifications menu.

AHHHH dude you are a hero!!! BEST. JB APP. EVER.
    redbeard likes this.
    05-13-2011 01:50 PM
    AJSLDFKNASDF

Dude.

DUDE.

This is sweet!!!! This is PERFECT!!! omg. I have been using LockInfo all this time... and this is SO MUCH BETTER!!! No matter the app, it opens it up right from the notification. So much more attractive, too. I LOVE the Statusbar mod that has the teeny slide-down notification with the message for you to read, plus the scrolling tweak for longer messages... can read the whole thing right from my statusbar, then either dismiss it with a tap or pull down to get to the notifications menu.

haha, wow! that good?! giving it a try now..
    05-13-2011 03:05 PM
    AJSLDFKNASDF

Dude.

DUDE.

I must be doing something wrong. Installed this BETA version and dont know if it works. it's all there but never loads a notificiation, "no nifications" even though i have Facebook and mail (email) notifciation. Notification Grip within the app Free download doesn't work either. Any HELP! iphone 4 (gsm) 4.3.3 / JB.
    05-13-2011 10:58 PM
    Not sure if it was coincidence or not, but the combination of Notified Pro and GriP plugin caused my phone to become very sluggish... it took a full 90 seconds to open the list view on my calendar, for example.

I removed both, and things are back to normal. It was a real shame, too... I liked the look and the notifications.

#justsaying
    05-14-2011 12:12 AM
    yeah, i removed it as well. it just felt like it was lacking something.. not sure. i may give it another shot once it is out of beta

i have been using LockInfo for over 2 years now and i have a feeling something pretty amazing will have to come along in order for me to ditch it for good
    05-14-2011 12:20 AM
    yeah, i removed it as well. it just felt like it was lacking something.. not sure. i may give it another shot once it is out of beta

i have been using LockInfo for over 2 years now and i have a feeling something pretty amazing will have to come along in order for me to ditch it for good
    Do you remember the name of the notifier app that used the area above the fast switcher icons?

EDIT:
    Nevermind... it is Mobile Notifier... why does the memory always kick in AFTER you post the question?
    Last edited by Fausty82; 05-14-2011 at 12:28 AM.
    05-14-2011 12:23 AM
    AJSLDFKNASDF

Dude.

DUDE.

Lol, you're welcome, this is always the first JB app I install when I restore or do an upgrade, the scrolling tweak is awesome, I just added it again, I had forgot how useful it is!! I know of at least one more cool feature that should be coming soon now, and they are working on integration with BiteSMS which is going to take it to the next level. Not sure when that's going to happen as that's probably pretty complicated, but should be well worth the wait. I don't know why Notified doesn't get any love from the Apple blogs, it's the best Notification solution out there imo too.
    05-14-2011 10:27 AM
    i think the beta version doesn't even work for me, ip4 gsm 4.3.3 JB
    non-beta version works but my mail app still screws up. Add me to list of removal and sticking with LockInfo
    05-14-2011 11:48 AM
    I don't know why Notified doesn't get any love from the Apple blogs, it's the best Notification solution out there imo too.
    Agreed. I can't go back to LI now... I absolutely HATED how with LI I would get, say, a Words with Friends notification... Instinctively I'd tap it... and nothing happens. I much prefer tapping the notification in Notified Pro and having it take me to the actual app, no matter the app, like real notifications would. Plus it has the best UI of them all (MobileNotifier being a close second). If it could just lump all of one kind of notification together, let me choose apps to not send notifications (like the Clocks app... I don't need to see 9 alerts that I hit Snooze LOL), and take me to the actual alert versus just the app, I'd be in heaven. These are all things I'm willing to work with though, for the benefits the app brings
    05-15-2011 09:13 PM
    Agreed. I can't go back to LI now... I absolutely HATED how with LI I would get, say, a Words with Friends notification... Instinctively I'd tap it... and nothing happens. I much prefer tapping the notification in Notified Pro and having it take me to the actual app, no matter the app, like real notifications would.
    Yea I love that, you can even set it to delete the notification once tapped in settings.

Plus it has the best UI of them all (MobileNotifier being a close second). If it could just lump all of one kind of notification together, let me choose apps to not send notifications (like the Clocks app... I don't need to see 9 alerts that I hit Snooze LOL), and take me to the actual alert versus just the app, I'd be in heaven. These are all things I'm willing to work with though, for the benefits the app brings
    I know you can set apps for it to ignore in settings, if you scroll down there's an ignored applications option and from there you can choose which apps you want it to ignore. I have set it to just ignore the ipod player, no need to see an alert for that!
    The snooze alerts can get ridiculous depending on how many times you hit snooze, I should block those too!

As far as being taken to the actual alert instead of just the app, I'm not sure if that's possible? I'm not sure how push notifications are handled..
    05-16-2011 02:07 AM
    Yea I love that, you can even set it to delete the notification once tapped in settings.

I know you can set apps for it to ignore in settings, if you scroll down there's an ignored applications option and from there you can choose which apps you want it to ignore.
    Whoa, how do you do either of these? I definitely don't have the Ignored Applications setting...
    05-16-2011 02:42 AM
    Whoa, how do you do either of these? I definitely don't have the Ignored Applications setting...
    It's in settings/Notified/scroll down, and it should look like this >>

Let me know if that works..
    anon4705295 likes this.
    05-16-2011 02:51 AM
    It's in settings/Notified/scroll down, and it should look like this >>
    Let me know if that works..
    Herp derp, I installed the beta and voil! Yay! The beta is EVEN BETTER!
    05-16-2011 12:34 PM
    redbeard, are you using biteSMS along with Notified Pro Beta or the native SMS with it?

also, it seems like there was a slight battery drain. is this something you are experiencing or have?
    Last edited by BLiNK; 05-16-2011 at 07:39 PM. Reason: added info
    05-16-2011 03:21 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD