Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Sn0wbreeze is just like Pwnage Tool so you can go through a Pwnage Tool tutorial at iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials or you can find a tutorial at iPhoneHeat.com Now that you have the custom ipsw put your phone into DFU mode and open iTunes. You will know it is in DFU mode if the screen is black as if the phone is off but iTunes recognizes a device in recovery mode. Then hold down your Shift key and click Restore. Then browse to your custom ipsw and let iTunes reload the OS. This is going to wipe your phone so make sure you back it up and sync before you start. When your don restore from backup this has nothing to do with the OS just your settings and data.

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
So after four attempts trying to install the custom firmware...no dice. Here's what happened. I put the phone into DFU and itunes recognizes it as such. I click the firmware and itunes tells me "its extracting software". Next it says its verifying the software with apple. Next it says "preparing for restore" and when this happens a windows message pops up at the bottom of the screen saying "this device could perform better if connected to a high speed usb port 2.0" or something like that. After about a minute another windows message pops up saying something about some apple USB software being downloaded. After that Itunes stops and says "iphone could not be restored, unknow error (1600)".

I figured maybe the USB apple software was something I needed so instead of disconnecting the phone and starting again (since the previous three times this "driver" was downloaded" I just tried the restore process again. Same result. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Now that's just weird. A few things to check: make sure it's not connected via a USB hub or a monitor port, and if possible use the Apple cable instead of a third party cable. You might also try a different cable and/or a different computer.

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Now that's just weird. A few things to check: make sure it's not connected via a USB hub or a monitor port, and if possible use the Apple cable instead of a third party cable. You might also try a different cable and/or a different computer.

I will try another cable (they are both factory cables) and I have tried all three usb ports on the laptop. I'm going to try it one more time on this computer then I will try my other laptop. I'm not sure what a monitor port or a USB hub is but I can explain these are the USB's built right into my laptop. Fingers crossed here!!!

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I tried another laptop and I haven't used that one in over two years so with all the updating, slowness, etc I gave up. I deleted snowbreeze and the firmware and downloaded it again to my primary computer thinking it was corrupted or there was an error or something. Now when I try the process again I get an error code 3194. I googled that and it appears there may be a firewall issue. Any suggestions? I can't believe how difficult this is...or am I making it this difficult???

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It's honestly not usually this difficult. When I do my JBs they usually take about 15 minutes. Are you on a wireless network? If you are maybe try plugging right into the modem to bypass the router just until you're done. The phone absolutely MUST be in DFU mode it will not work an other way. Is the screen black? This is weird you're about the fifth person I've tried to help and no dice. When you tried it on the other machine what version of iTunes does it have? What version of Sn0wbreeze are you using? You're doing 4.3.2 right you have to get it done before Apple stops signing the firmware. This is the correct version of Sn0wbreeze for 4.3.2 How to Jailbreak 4.3.2 Untethered with Sn0wBreeze 2.6 | iPhoneHeat on your second laptop make sure it's running the newest version of iTunes. Make sure you only use the original USB cable and get the firmware here iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From make the custom ipsw make sure your hosts file is not edited it should be pointing at Apple's servers and give it another shot.

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
It's honestly not usually this difficult. When I do my JBs they usually take about 15 minutes. Are you on a wireless network? If you are maybe try plugging right into the modem to bypass the router just until you're done. The phone absolutely MUST be in DFU mode it will not work an other way. Is the screen black? This is weird you're about the fifth person I've tried to help and no dice. When you tried it on the other machine what version of iTunes does it have? What version of Sn0wbreeze are you using? You're doing 4.3.2 right you have to get it done before Apple stops signing the firmware. This is the correct version of Sn0wbreeze for 4.3.2 How to Jailbreak 4.3.2 Untethered with Sn0wBreeze 2.6 | iPhoneHeat on your second laptop make sure it's running the newest version of iTunes. Make sure you only use the original USB cable and get the firmware here iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From make the custom ipsw make sure your hosts file is not edited it should be pointing at Apple's servers and give it another shot.

I am on a wireless network. I believe I am using the correct version of snowbreeze (4.2.7 Verizon). I even went as far as turning off my virus and firewall and I still get the 3194 error. Everything I do lines up with youtube videos up until I need to put the phobe into DFU mode. Thats where snowbreeze no longer works on my computer. I assume it's not really an issue because its pretty much a tutorial of putting the phone into DFU which I have memorized now. Still when I try putting that firmware on the phone is where it gets hairy. What would happen if I try as a litmus test to put the original firmware I downloaded from the web onto the phone instead of the custome firmware by snowbreeze? What might happen then?

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Five days of trying to JB this thing and following an online video by a twelve year old and I still can't get my phone to JB...EPIC FAIL!!! I want to launch this phone or computer so bad. oh well tomorrow is another day!!!!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I would do what Massie said and use redsn0w it will be a much easier JB. Sn0wbreeze is only absolutely necessary if you're unlocking the phone. You also have a short window before Apple stops signing the 4.2.7 firmware. You will need to hook up your phone to iTunes and do the Shift + Restore in DFU mode not to your custom ipsw but to the stock firmware. Then follow the steps for the redsn0w JB:D

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I would do what Massie said and use redsn0w it will be a much easier JB. Sn0wbreeze is only absolutely necessary if you're unlocking the phone. You also have a short window before Apple stops signing the 4.2.7 firmware. You will need to hook up your phone to iTunes and do the Shift + Restore in DFU mode not to your custom ipsw but to the stock firmware. Then follow the steps for the redsn0w JB:D

To answer Massie's question I haven't used tiny umbrella.

Will redsn0w work on 4.2.7? Is this the JB where I will have to download the patch? I'm looking for an untetered JB.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2