It's honestly not usually this difficult. When I do my JBs they usually take about 15 minutes. Are you on a wireless network? If you are maybe try plugging right into the modem to bypass the router just until you're done. The phone absolutely MUST be in DFU mode it will not work an other way. Is the screen black? This is weird you're about the fifth person I've tried to help and no dice. When you tried it on the other machine what version of iTunes does it have? What version of Sn0wbreeze are you using? You're doing 4.3.2 right you have to get it done before Apple stops signing the firmware. This is the correct version of Sn0wbreeze for 4.3.2 How to Jailbreak 4.3.2 Untethered with Sn0wBreeze 2.6 | iPhoneHeat on your second laptop make sure it's running the newest version of iTunes. Make sure you only use the original USB cable and get the firmware here iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From make the custom ipsw make sure your hosts file is not edited it should be pointing at Apple's servers and give it another shot.
    05-05-2011 11:15 PM
    It's honestly not usually this difficult. When I do my JBs they usually take about 15 minutes. Are you on a wireless network? If you are maybe try plugging right into the modem to bypass the router just until you're done. The phone absolutely MUST be in DFU mode it will not work an other way. Is the screen black? This is weird you're about the fifth person I've tried to help and no dice. When you tried it on the other machine what version of iTunes does it have? What version of Sn0wbreeze are you using? You're doing 4.3.2 right you have to get it done before Apple stops signing the firmware. This is the correct version of Sn0wbreeze for 4.3.2 How to Jailbreak 4.3.2 Untethered with Sn0wBreeze 2.6 | iPhoneHeat on your second laptop make sure it's running the newest version of iTunes. Make sure you only use the original USB cable and get the firmware here iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From make the custom ipsw make sure your hosts file is not edited it should be pointing at Apple's servers and give it another shot.
    I am on a wireless network. I believe I am using the correct version of snowbreeze (4.2.7 Verizon). I even went as far as turning off my virus and firewall and I still get the 3194 error. Everything I do lines up with youtube videos up until I need to put the phobe into DFU mode. Thats where snowbreeze no longer works on my computer. I assume it's not really an issue because its pretty much a tutorial of putting the phone into DFU which I have memorized now. Still when I try putting that firmware on the phone is where it gets hairy. What would happen if I try as a litmus test to put the original firmware I downloaded from the web onto the phone instead of the custome firmware by snowbreeze? What might happen then?
    05-05-2011 11:28 PM
    I have always used "simple mode" as the download....should I try "expert mode"?
    05-05-2011 11:31 PM
    Five days of trying to JB this thing and following an online video by a twelve year old and I still can't get my phone to JB...EPIC FAIL!!! I want to launch this phone or computer so bad. oh well tomorrow is another day!!!!
    05-05-2011 11:44 PM
    I know you've invested a lot of time with sn0wbreeze, but have you considered using redsn0w? See here for an idea of it: How to Untether RedSn0w Jailbreak for Verizon iPhone Running iOS 4.2.7
    05-05-2011 11:56 PM
    Btw are you using (or have you used) Tiny Umbrella for any reason?
    05-06-2011 12:08 AM
    I would do what Massie said and use redsn0w it will be a much easier JB. Sn0wbreeze is only absolutely necessary if you're unlocking the phone. You also have a short window before Apple stops signing the 4.2.7 firmware. You will need to hook up your phone to iTunes and do the Shift + Restore in DFU mode not to your custom ipsw but to the stock firmware. Then follow the steps for the redsn0w JB
    05-06-2011 12:19 AM
    I would do what Massie said and use redsn0w it will be a much easier JB. Sn0wbreeze is only absolutely necessary if you're unlocking the phone. You also have a short window before Apple stops signing the 4.2.7 firmware. You will need to hook up your phone to iTunes and do the Shift + Restore in DFU mode not to your custom ipsw but to the stock firmware. Then follow the steps for the redsn0w JB
    To answer Massie's question I haven't used tiny umbrella.

Will redsn0w work on 4.2.7? Is this the JB where I will have to download the patch? I'm looking for an untetered JB.
    05-06-2011 10:11 AM
    05-06-2011 10:58 AM
    Thanks! I'm going to give it a shot today...that is unless Apple has shut down that firmaware like you mentioned.
    05-07-2011 10:13 AM
    The latest sn0wbreeze works dandy on 4.2.8 in case anyone is wondering.
    05-07-2011 10:25 AM
    The latest sn0wbreeze works dandy on 4.2.8 in case anyone is wondering.
    I cant get the snowbreeze to work with 4.2.7 !!!
    05-07-2011 11:29 AM
    Maybe you can find convert.
    05-10-2011 07:25 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD