I tried to jailbreak my phone the other day. Everything went fine. The phone was jailbroken, cydia was there. I opened up cydia or anything else that needs the internet, and it wasn't working unless I was on Wi-Fi. Do I have to unlock my phone if I want to jailbreak it to use it on AT&T? If so then I can't JB because I have 4.10.01 baseband.
    05-03-2011 08:30 PM
    You need to have a data plan with AT&T in order to use anything that relies on a data connection. If you don't have a data plan, you will only be able to use WiFi.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    05-03-2011 08:49 PM
    Yes. My phone is already on Att.
    05-03-2011 09:02 PM
    Yes. My phone is already on Att.
    Craig, Are you a post paid customer, or a pre-paid AT&T customer?

05-03-2011 09:06 PM
    Not sure what that means. I pay each month. Have the iPhone unlimited plan.
    05-03-2011 09:17 PM
    Not sure what that means. I pay each month. Have the iPhone unlimited plan.
    OK, this tells me you are a postpaid customer, and you do have a monthly data plan... Try this, go into Settings, General, Network, now make sure that you have "Cellular Data" turned on, otherwise you will not be able to AT&T's data services. If it is already on, you might want to give call AT&T's customer care Dept and get them to trouble shoot on their end. Could just be a matter of them adding something that was missed on your account at the time you activated your iPhone.

05-03-2011 09:43 PM
    It isn't a problem with my plan at all. Before the JB everything works perfectly. During JB no service. After restoring back to factory everything works perfect again.
    05-03-2011 09:49 PM
    It isn't a problem with my plan at all. Before the JB everything works perfectly. During JB no service. After restoring back to factory everything works perfect again.
    Your first post did not state that data was working before you jailbroke your iPhone. Since that is the case and you've already restored your iPhone, just re-jailbreak again. If it happens again, after you jailbreak try this first before you restore. Using WiFi, go to "unlockit.co.nz", hit continue, custom APN, and select AT&T as your carrier from the drop down link. Follow the instructions. Then go to network in the settings menu, and make AT&T your carrier for the APN settings.... While you would not have to do this under normal circumstances since you already have AT&T, maybe the APN settings got out of wack when you jailbroke the first time. In which case, adding them back in would help.

05-03-2011 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD