hi,

Followed all of the tutorials on windows, using snowbreeze I created my custom IPSW.

I keep getting an Error 11 when attempting the restore though? Any help?
    05-03-2011 12:30 AM
    I think you need to go into DFU, and then restore with the custom FW you just built. Or are you already in DFU when you get that error?
    05-03-2011 12:38 AM
    I'm already in DFU. This is my first iPhone JB...So I'm a little new...haven't done it in a long time!
    05-03-2011 12:40 AM
    Might I add, it's after the firmware is extracted. When it's being verified.
    05-03-2011 12:52 AM
    Hmmm...a few questions:

-do you have the latest iTunes? Try looking for updates.
    -are you trying to do any baseband preservation?
    -do you ever reach the iReb screen?
    -when you try to restore, are you using Shift+Restore to browse to your custom ipsw?

For a walkthrough, take a look at this page, and just do the same thing for 4.2.7. Hope that helps!
    05-03-2011 12:55 AM
    I do have the latest iTunes.

Baseband preservation would be? (I'm new! ha!)

I do get to the iReb screen, everything checks out in snowbreeze, it's just in itunes.

correct, I get there, it extracts the firmware, then crushes my hopes and dreams when verifying with apple.
    05-03-2011 01:02 AM
    using Sn0wbreeze always preserves the baseband so I think the poster was going to suggest using redsn0w unless you are purposely using Sn0wbreeze to preserve your baseband to unlock. I have the same problem, download the iTunes installation file and run it choose repair and let it run then try the steps again. You must be sure you're in DFU mode like someone said otherwise it will fail wit an error. Is your screen blank or does it have the USB to iTunes on it? If it's blank then you're good to go if not you're not in DFU mode and it will not work. If you're in DFU mode and doing the repair to iTunes doesn't work, which is the boat I'm in you will need to use a different computer or uninstall iTunes and re-install. Also if you're doing it from work it might be a firewall issue. I'm putting my money on DFU mode though that is the most common mistake.
    05-03-2011 07:22 AM
    Screen is black and I'm definitely in DFU mode! So that step is working. When searching around I noticed that was most of everyone's problems. So I made sure.

Is redsnow on windows working for 4.2.7? I have a mac but it's running tiger so I'm SOL on that. I'm using my spare PC.

So attempt an iTunes repair via the installer? I'm at home by the way, the current PC I'm using doesn't even have an Antivirus installed so firewall, etc shouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by JoshH; 05-03-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    05-03-2011 09:32 AM
    Still no luck. Is there a version of Redsn0w that'll JB 4.2.7 on windows?
    05-05-2011 07:48 PM
    Look here: How to Untether RedSn0w Jailbreak for Verizon iPhone Running iOS 4.2.7
    Just remember that redsn0w works on an already installed FW, so you'll need to be on 4.2.7 when you begin if you're not now.
    05-05-2011 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD