What to do after 4.3.3 comes out?

robclif4d

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm 2 days into my JB experience. After the next iOS release, will Cydia remember what I installed after upgrading? Do I need to manually track what I've purchased?

Thanks,

Rob

mjk

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Same here! I read this morning about the new iOS to be released soon and wondered what I needed to do next. Gonna monitor this thread for advise.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
first thing to do is NOT update until you get the "OK" from here or another reputable site. this will include a "new" jailbreak when available, then of course you'll have to update & re-jailbreak

there are jailbroken apps that can backup and install your tweaks/apps but i manually add them back (personal preference) and yes, Cydia will recognize your device and you will not have to purchase again

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't update unless there is actually something in it for me. I'm still JB on iOS 4.3.1 and plan on keeping it that way for a while....

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
+1 for Blink. I've tried to re-install Cydia apps in one "back-up", and it didn't work. Best thing is to write (yes i said write) them all down, and install them one at a time after Jailbreak. In between IOS updates, i add to and delete from my master list. Use a pencil with a good eraser.:D

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
+1 for Blink. I've tried to re-install Cydia apps in one "back-up", and it didn't work. Best thing is to write (yes i said write) them all down, and install them one at a time after Jailbreak. In between IOS updates, i add to and delete from my master list. Use a pencil with a good eraser.:D

LOL, I had to do the same thing when I went from JB on iOS 4.1 to 4.3.1. It took a long time to reload all of my 25 Cydia apps, but I finally got it done. I keep a paper trail now, as it is getting harder to remember every one of the apps.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
LOL, I had to do the same thing when I went from JB on iOS 4.1 to 4.3.1. It took a long time to reload all of my 25 Cydia apps, but I finally got it done. I keep a paper trail now, as it is getting harder to remember every one of the apps.

It's the best way!:)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you login to Cydia, you'll see the link, with Google or Facebook it will remember your paid apps. Then you can click them and it will install, sometimes at first if the apps need to be updated or something they wont install I just give it a day or two and go back. The number one thing with JB is never to be anxious things always work you just have to be patient for the update. If you have tweaks and themes in Winterboard this is the easiest just SSH into your phone and download the var/stash/Themesxxx folder to your computer. Then once you redo the updated JB SSH it back to the phone. The rest like Grunt and BLiNK have said you write down.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
If you login to Cydia, you'll see the link, with Google or Facebook it will remember your paid apps. Then you can click them and it will install, sometimes at first if the apps need to be updated or something they wont install I just give it a day or two and go back. The number one thing with JB is never to be anxious things always work you just have to be patient for the update. If you have tweaks and themes in Winterboard this is the easiest just SSH into your phone and download the var/stash/Themesxxx folder to your computer. Then once you redo the updated JB SSH it back to the phone. The rest like Grunt and BLiNK have said you write down.

Hey Ricky, what does it mean to "SSH into your phone". I don't mind writing it all down, but i'd also like to try an alternative. I only use one or two themes, and have no tweaks, should i bother with your method?:confused:

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
for those of you experienced JB'ers, when the time comes to update to the new iOS, do you wipe your phone and load the new iOS fresh, then load re-JB?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
when the time comes to update to the new iOS, do you wipe your phone and load the new iOS fresh, then load re-JB?

this has always been the silent debate. personally i do this exactly, others do not..

i can can tell you first handed that i have brought over issues/bugs by updating from a backup and ever since then i have restored as new & re-JB. yes, it is a little time consuming but well worth it, imo

i guess there is a not wrong or right way, just whatever works best for you

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I cut my losses every new update to iOS, when the new JB tool is released.

Restore to official firmware, then load custom IPSW with Redsn0w - then "setup as a new iPhone".

I lose my saved games and text message history, but it's not a huge deal to get to where I was before.

I've never run into an issue using this method, it bypassed the bugs of no signal bars showing up in 4.3.2..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro