Completely close safari

Jordanvandyke

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Im Jailbroken and am trying to find a way to completely close safari and get rid of the tabs i have open. Right now im using Safari Tab Closer from Cydia and when i press close all tabs, it closes them but then when i close safari and go back into it those webpages re appear.... Anyone know of a fix or other method of completely shutting safari down?
I also use the SB settings method, and that works, but was hoping for an easier method.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
in Cydia search for Reset Safari for Sbsettings

i have mine set up through Activator with a swipe left on the statusbar. clears everything in one swipe

hope this helps. let me know

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
try this, go to the following:

Settings > Activator > At Home Screen > Status Bar > Swipe Left > [select] Reset Safari

exit Activator.. swipe left on your statusbar

Jordanvandyke

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Completely closing safari...

Im Jailbroken and am trying to find a way to completely close safari and get rid of the tabs i have open. Right now im using Safari Tab Closer from Cydia and when i press close all tabs, it closes them but then when i close safari and go back into it those webpages re appear.... Anyone know of a fix or other method of completely shutting safari down?
I also use the SB settings method, and that works, but was hoping for an easier method.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Jvandyke13, not sure if you got it working

try setting it up within Activator. this is how i have mine set up

Settings > Activator > At Home Screen > Status Bar > Swipe Left > [select] Reset Safari

exit Activator.. swipe left on your statusbar

Jordanvandyke

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Ya I set mine up through activator the same way (to swipe left on status bar) and it works when I swipe left. But when I open safari again. All my tabs and websites are still open!!!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
very strange... and you have checked your settings?

303fz0z.jpg

Jordanvandyke

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Lol This is messed up. I have everything selected like you do, and i will swipe left and it will close safari and will actually perform the action, but like before if i go back into safari, all my tabs will still be there! But if i keep swiping left eventually it will clear everything.... Would think i would only have to do it once!?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
haha, yeah once would be nice! maybe try removing Reset Safari from Cydia, reboot and install again.. ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73