I have a iPhone 3G that i bought from craigslists. but im trying to get passed the passcode . i tried restoring it and now i have message saying "No Sim card installed ,insert a valid SIM with no pin lock to activate iphone "
    05-01-2011 06:54 PM
    Do you have a valid SIM, or are you trying to activate it without one?
    05-01-2011 08:02 PM
    im trying to activate without one
    05-01-2011 08:46 PM
    I may be wrong--someone chime in if so, please--but I thought you could use any AT&T sim to get through activation. In other words, if you have an old one you could use that, or borrow a friend's, or buy a cheap pay as you go sim. I know some jailbreak tools also offer hacktivation--I think sn0wbreeze does, for example--but I've never used them. That might be worth some Googling.
    05-01-2011 10:40 PM
    OP are you on Mac or Windows? Yes Massie is right Pwnage Tool(Mac) and Sn0wbreeze(Windows) both offer Hacktivation which is what you need in order to get the phone working without a SIM card or with a non standard SIM card. When creating the custom ipsw make sure the Activate option is checked in whichever one you use. I have given links to the tools many times so just search my username to find the links. If you reload the firmware with Pwnage Tool or Sn0wbreeze when you first get into the phone it will tell you that it's been restored without a passcode and ask you if you want to put one in, however that is on the iPhone 4, I've had problems on a 3G I worked on where I couldn't do anything until I had the passcode from the user.
    05-02-2011 03:19 PM
    I may be wrong--someone chime in if so, please--but I thought you could use any AT&T sim to get through activation. In other words, if you have an old one you could use that, or borrow a friend's, or buy a cheap pay as you go sim. I know some jailbreak tools also offer hacktivation--I think sn0wbreeze does, for example--but I've never used them. That might be worth some Googling.
    This is true. Any sim card whether it's active or not does the trick.
    05-02-2011 03:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD