iPhone 4 Jailbreak Dilemena

RConcheiro#AC

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I really need help.

I just purchased a iPhone 4 for my girlfriend, it was running 4.2.6 and I used GreenP0ison, and it did seem to jailbreak the phone because I opened Loader, and then Cydia opened up, when I would try to launch Cydia it was getting the information that it needs to get since it's the first time its's connecting to Cydia.

Well in the middle I received a Facebook notification and on accident I hit view instead of close,when I did that it messed up and all the icons were missing, so I did a restore and it upgraded to 4.2.7, I have been search for HOURS and I am still unable to jailbreak it.

When I tried to jailbreak it with greenp0ison again, the loader would come up, but when I select it, it acts like it's going to load and then does not load.

I was advised to use redsnow, but whenever I try to load the ipsw, and when I search for the firmware on my computer it for some reason does not want to load.

Any information or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time!

PS: Her phones has 4.2.7 on Verizon's network.

Lylej2k

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if there is a jailbreak for 4.2.7 yet. You should be able to go back down to 4.2.6 and re-jailbreak it.

lcargile

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I hate to say it guys, but youre dead in the water until an untethered solution comes out for 4.2.7 (which, why it hasnt already is still WAY BEYOND ME!!!). I had a friend of mine that just got an iPhone on Verizon. I jailbroke it for him and what does he do as soon as he gets it home for the first time??? PLUG IT UP TO ITUNES AND HIT UPDATE OF COURSE!!! Anyways, hes in the same situation. I told him thats what he gets for being an idiot but in actuality, anyone could make that mistake just like you have. Its beginners misfortune. A few weeks ago you could have downloaded the 4.2.6 ipsw file (os file) and performed a manual install to revert back to 4.2.6 but unfortunately Apple has stopped signing off of that version and if youre on 4.2.7 you are stuck on 4.2.7. There are ways to get around this of course such as if you had your SHSH blobs saved through Tiny Umbrella or Cydia but since your saying that they are new iPhones im assuming that you havent had time to go in and do those things. Like I said, it sucks, but it wont suck long. Hopefully they will have a solution before long. Until then, take the time to enjoy the un-fooled-around-with feel of the stock iOS. Deuces.

RConcheiro#AC

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I hate to say it guys, but youre dead in the water until an untethered solution comes out for 4.2.7 (which, why it hasnt already is still WAY BEYOND ME!!!). I had a friend of mine that just got an iPhone on Verizon. I jailbroke it for him and what does he do as soon as he gets it home for the first time??? PLUG IT UP TO ITUNES AND HIT UPDATE OF COURSE!!! Anyways, hes in the same situation. I told him thats what he gets for being an idiot but in actuality, anyone could make that mistake just like you have. Its beginners misfortune. A few weeks ago you could have downloaded the 4.2.6 ipsw file (os file) and performed a manual install to revert back to 4.2.6 but unfortunately Apple has stopped signing off of that version and if youre on 4.2.7 you are stuck on 4.2.7. There are ways to get around this of course such as if you had your SHSH blobs saved through Tiny Umbrella or Cydia but since your saying that they are new iPhones im assuming that you havent had time to go in and do those things. Like I said, it sucks, but it wont suck long. Hopefully they will have a solution before long. Until then, take the time to enjoy the un-fooled-around-with feel of the stock iOS. Deuces.

see that is just stupidty lol ( just kidding don't want to offend your friend ), I guess for now I am stuck, however since I just purchased the iPhone I can take it back and say that the email is running extremely slow or something like that so I can get a new one running on 4.2.6. Any type of excuses you think I could come up with to get a replacement? :D Thanks again for your input everybody!

I don't know if there is a jailbreak for 4.2.7 yet. You should be able to go back down to 4.2.6 and re-jailbreak it.

I tried downgrading for some reason it does not have the ipsw in each of the files that I download.

I want to jailbreak my Verizon iPhone 4, but I already upgraded to 4.2.7. How do I go back to 4.2.6 so that I can jailbreak my phone?

From what I read buddy I don't think it's possible :S

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods