Ok, so I'm switching from a 2nd gen ipod to a 4th gen. Both jailbroken. I purchased pkgbackup on the 2nd gen earlier and backed everything up and then i did the contact sync (along with sending myself 2 emails about it for manual restoration). My problem is is that I don't know what to do from here. The 4th gen is a fresh jailbreak with only cydia on it and it does have my pkgbackup in the contacts list. Problem there is that when i click/tap it, nothing happens-or does it just take a while (it stays highlighted, but no apparent loading). So im wondering if someone here can help me with this?
    Thanks!
    04-26-2011 10:51 PM
    Bought it yesterday on Cydia for $8. Should I try to delete and reinstall?
    04-27-2011 10:34 AM
    I have Pkgbackup and i doesn't work at all! I'm jailbroken with 4.3.2 on iPhone4, and originally downloaded it from Cydia when i was on 4.2.1. Maybe that's the problem. Good thing i wrote everything down, just in case.
    04-27-2011 10:40 AM
    From what I've seen, PkgBackup only functions that way when it's pirated. I purchased it a couple months ago and it works flawlessly! I've used my iPhone 4 backup to restore packages, sources, settings, etc to my old iPT2G & iPad flawlessly (obviously deselected iPad incompatible packages).
    so pirating the app makes it work? I have never used the backup apps but then I don't have alot in Cydia to backup anyway. So do a search on here I'm sure other users have used the app and there are threads here on it.
    04-27-2011 02:20 PM
    Well, after also trying Bump and email attachment methods, I am just going to do a manual restoration. I removed and reinstalled pkgbackup several times and did many resprings.

Still open to idea on what happened, why it happened, and how to fix it.
    04-27-2011 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD